Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

At the December livestream, we announced that Squadron 42 and Star Citizen will be split into two separate packages in the near future. To update on this: the split will occur on February 14th. Squadron 42 will be available as either a stand alone game or an optional addon for Star Citizen rather than be included by default. If you want to lock in both games for the lowest possible price, consider pledging before this deadline.

Not sure if there was a date before for the split.

you can also buy back 1 pledge you've melted with a token.

At the December livestream, we announced that Squadron 42 and Star Citizen will be split into two separate packages in the near future. To update on this: the split will occur on February 14th. Squadron 42 will be available as either a stand alone game or an optional addon for Star Citizen rather than be included by default. If you want to lock in both games for the lowest possible price, consider pledging before this deadline.

Not sure if there was a date before for the split.

you can also buy back 1 pledge you've melted with a token.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

We would like to invite you to visit your authorized Origin 300i dealer today, where we are offering a limited-time 5,000 UEC ($5 USD) rebate to any pilot trading in an Aurora spacecraft towards the purchase of an Origin 300i. Details for applying your discount can be found at the end of this transmission.

I've thought about upgrading a few times, but then it hits me that whatever ship I start the PU in I'll abandon for something purchased in game within tree weeks and whats the point in "paying to skip the first few levels". Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah getting started is always where the fun bit is in these kind of games, going straight to mid level is a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭bnt

RSI has enabled Free Fly again, until 20 March. No charge to try the game and all flyable ships, but you will need to register for an account and download roughly 28GB of data. Start here.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

I'm actually on an unlimited connection but god bless any poor chap with a cellular or FWA connection.

4TivTUX.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Heard an estimate of 100gigs on final release. Should charge a fiver for every repeat download, we have to save the internet somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Noblong wrote: »
    Heard an estimate of 100gigs on final release. Should charge a fiver for every repeat download, we have to save the internet somehow.

100gb???? That's crazy. I'm sure or id hope it be no where near that. But it is but ridiculous you have to download the entire game for each patch. You would think they would have worked out a better way than now.

100GB has been suggested several times. Remember its S42 + SC(PU) together. They're building it for next years hardware so if you take 1440p or 2560p as normal resolution then assets get very very large.

The problem at the moment is the way they've done the PAK archives so they cant do differential patching. If they stopped signing resources that dont include code then they could delta patch ~98% of the data. It'd save their ops guys huge traffic deluges but whoever runs their build process hasnt bothered yet.

With five studios you'd think they could get a few man hours to fix it...

Supposedly ESO does it to, but you really dont want to be in the same sentence as that steaming turd.

Cool explanation :)

In other news, the Starfarer looks very cool

• Advertisement

In other news, the Starfarer looks very cool

Do you feel lucky, Punk?

PyocFC7.jpg

ED E wrote: »
    Do you feel lucky, Punk?

PyocFC7.jpg

Holy Jesus on a M50. That's nuts!!!

Real or fake? Is that a variant?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'm going to say fake given that a bunch of those weapons have been very badly photoshopped into place. Look at the guns on the top lol

Total spoof, but long term I suspect we may see some absolute SAM site-esque variants.

If the ships are modular.....never know ;) could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is it worth getting in on this now lads? I've half followed it since the start but never backed it as i didnt really know how the game would turn out.

At this point I'd wait until Squadron 42 Part 1 comes out at least. Early backers got a few little perks, now you'll get similar pricing to release so you may as well see how it turns out.

If you want to pay to beta test you can but bear in mind they allocate access based on user number so new stuff will be released to you as part of the last cohort.

ED E wrote: »
    At this point I'd wait until Squadron 42 Part 1 comes out at least. Early backers got a few little perks, now you'll get similar pricing to release so you may as well see how it turns out.

If you want to pay to beta test you can but bear in mind they allocate access based on user number so new stuff will be released to you as part of the last cohort.

Plenty of free weekends for just giving it a go.

I'd good fun last night with three people in a Connie. I was in a turret. Very difficult to maintain a lock when your ship is flying about the place. Good craic. Ended up taking massive damage and loosing weapons so our pilot slammed us into the side of an enemy Tali and we both went boom. Both sides had a good laugh about it in chat.

New ship up for early sale, some way from flyable: the Drake Buccaneer. Chunky.

Presentation-Bucc02-Sandi-Version.jpg

Looks to me like they've taken some design inspiration from the Blackburn Buccaneer:

xw544-brunty-120324.jpg

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

As a Cutlass owner, I got an email with some kind of discount for the Buccaneer. Might look into it.

Dair76 wrote: »
    As a Cutlass owner, I got an email with some kind of discount for the Buccaneer. Might look into it.
    If you decide you don't need the discount code, there's a thread on Reddit where you can donate it to someone else ... or you could find someone closer to home. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

bnt wrote: »
    New ship up for early sale, some way from flyable: the Drake Buccaneer. Chunky.

lol $135.

They will never release this game because it's much easier to sell an impossible dream than a computer game space ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Zillah wrote: »
    lol $135.

They will never release this game because it's much easier to sell an impossible dream than a computer game space ship.

Well the person who started it all is a genius.
    He has shown very little gameplay (compared to what is being promised in the full release)
    but is selling more ships then Ford/bmw/(any car manufacture) can sell in their life time haha
    he knows how to make money.

Alpha 2.4 is now up. The list of changes is pretty long. I estimate about 24GB to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Fairly good demo from gamescom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1wX1Kk3Ajg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I was about to post this, who needs a Quintilian planets when you have this.

It's really starting to look like something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I am absolutely dying for a decent space sim now after that horrible mess NMS, really hope they deliver with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Great video apart from that one mong that kept screaming in the audience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Here is the whole live action demo, there is FPS towards the end.

I love the part where the Freelancer is taking Pirates out shooting over the shoulder of the character engaged in FPS.

Advertisement