Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I have a mild suspicion that CIG are trying to make some kind of point here. "See, this is what happens if you push us to release code before it's ready!" :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I am considering a refund tbh.

And this upcoming lawsuit....also selling land reminds me of another crowdfunded game that went belly up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

bnt wrote: »
    I have a mild suspicion that CIG are trying to make some kind of point here. "See, this is what happens if you push us to release code before it's ready!" :o

Then someone needs to send a response - "see, this is what happens when you announce an imminent release date well over half a year before it's even approaching ready".

A little bit of the Battlefront 2 treatment over the first bit of 2018 might be in the consumer's best interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Disappointed to hear the code isn't solid. (I have no disposable income to upgrade at all so haven't been on once myself). Feel like mister obvious saying this but all they have to get right is the ships docking , that's the basis for a bit of team multiplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sounds very playable after all these years of hard work by the developers....

Maybe if people bought another spaceship.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Jesus this runs like s**t,same performance weather at 1440p or 1080p so im guessing the bottleneck is ram or disk performance.

Totally unplayable for me anyway,thought it might be ok if waited a bit but nope.

EDIT: Turns out its Ram,ive only got 8gb of ddr3,pretty much nailed at 98% usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

EoinHef wrote: »
    Jesus this runs like s**t,same performance weather at 1440p or 1080p so im guessing the bottleneck is ram or disk performance.

Totally unplayable for me anyway,thought it might be ok if waited a bit but nope.

EDIT: Turns out its Ram,ive only got 8gb of ddr3,pretty much nailed at 98% usage.

Ive got 32GB, still shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭bnt

ED E wrote: »
    Ive got 32GB, still shocking.
    I have 24GB, but performance is highly variable. I get 75 fps in the hangar, generally good when walking around Port Olisar etc., but during any kind of combat - when you need fluid performance the most - it bogs down badly. This isn't about your PC as much as it is about interaction over the network with the server, other players and NPCs.

If you're dogfighting a pirate NPC, and it's dodging your missiles, your PC needs live updates on its position. We know the code for that needs a lot of work, they are aware of this.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    If you're dogfighting a pirate NPC, and it's dodging your missiles, your PC needs live updates on its position. We know the code for that needs a lot of work, they are aware of this.

RSI saying their netcode is bad is like the HSE saying they're aware of trolley problems, long past overdue for a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

The performance is shocking for me since the 3.0 update. Its way worse than before.

My PC is getting on a bit now right enough and I am going to upgrade the MOBO, CPU and RAM. However I dont feel it is any excuse for how jerky it is since the update.

I have i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz, 16GB DDR3 and its running from an SSD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I wouldnt be upgrading just for this game tbh,give it time and if it isnt optimized but turns out to be a decent game then maybe. But it could turn out to be s**t AND never get optimised.

Personally i would have been willing to wait longer for better code but i suppose the business model they chose and the scheduoe they originally mentioned they had to get something out there,some kind of PTU.

Anyway ill be deleting for now,not really worth having if it only runs between 1 and 25fps. Shame as last night i had set aside a bit of time to try and give 3.0 a decent go but just wasnt happening.

Lel
    So Here's The Deal: I'm suing Chris Roberts for consumer fraud in small claims court.
    Everything he's ever said will be used against him as a public figure, and his litany of LLC shell companies don't protect him.
    He either comes to Jersey to defend himself, or get's a default judgment of being a fraud.

Most states have what is generally called an Unfair, Deceptive Acts and Practices law (or UDAP for short). The strength of the protections varies from state-to-state. New Jersey’s UDAP law, called the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, is particularly strong.

The New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act defines consumer fraud as “any unconscionable commercial practice, deception, fraud, false pretense, false promise or misrepresentation” in connection with the sale of goods, services or real estate. Under the definition, the term “sale”, does not require that the transaction be completes as it also includes “offers” and “attempts” to sell, rent or distribute goods or services.

Under the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act a consumer fraud may be committed by an (1) affirmative misrepresentation; (2) a knowing omission; or (3) a violation of specific consumer protection.

An affirmative misrepresentation fraud is committed when the person or business makes a statement that turns out to be untrue regardless of whether the person or business making the statement knew that it was untrue at the time it is made.

A knowing omission consumer fraud is committed when the person or business knowingly conceals, suppresses or omits a material fact. A fact is material if it is important to the transaction.

The final category of consumer fraud covers a wide variety of commercial endeavors with specific laws enacted to cover each one. The most common practices where frauds are alleged include, home improvement contracts, gym memberships and auto sales.

Alleging a violation of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act is the first requirement in making out a claim. Next, the consumer must establish that he of she has suffered an “ascertainable loss” related to the act of consumer fraud. In order to be considered an “ascertainable loss”, the damage suffered by the consumer calculable.

If a consumer is able to successfully sue for a New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act claim, he or she is entitled to three times the amount of damages suffered (called treble damages).

The New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act is “fee shifting” meaning that if the consumer is successful in his or her lawsuit; the offending business must pay the consumer’s reasonable attorneys’ fees. Because these laws are fee shifting, most consumer attorneys will handle a consumer protection case without ever charging the consumer a penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SCIE Cu Chulainn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So I take it from that video that the 10-20fps issues are sorted then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Billy86 wrote: »

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Billy86 wrote: »

I haven't had those problems in 3.0, but I am in a small minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

At what point does everyone just step back, look at Star Citizen and say "Yeah, this is just a massive scam."

Sonics2k wrote: »
    At what point does everyone just step back, look at Star Citizen and say "Yeah, this is just a massive scam."

At the point when the evidence points to the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Dr_Bill

I reckon Star Citizen will be like trying to land a spaceship on a planet, everything will be going absolutely fantastic right up until the moment the ship smashes into the side of a mountain. It will be like two pilots taking a selfie with a cheesy smile giving the "thumbs up" with a big grey mass in the background.

Mark my words!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They won't even make it to the mountain the way things are going, and will just sell the ship for spare parts in orbit.

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »

When CR posts a photo from his new super yacht to twitter.

If we ever get a chance to play with these toys this could be so fun. Claw operator? Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not seen any news on their site or social media but it was in a video.

Free weekend.

Didn't see this before.

Code GETINTOTHEVERSE gives you a mustang, aurora, cutlass black, and cyclone to use during free weekend.

Varik wrote: »

Lots of people are NOT happy with that change.

My Aurora MR gets two S Intakes so at least thats one thing I can ignore for a while.

Lot of hornet owners who think they're going to be running out instantly after hitting the throttle.

It's jumping between systems, quantum between big stuff (including player made becones), so only non quantum fuel is trips off the beaten track and combat.

They'll just need to refuel between missions and plan a small bit. Not to mention you can just accelerate then decouple and coast. So you only really use fuel in combat and if maneuvering.

Makes the heavy fighters have a point.

If you're going by the matrix I don't that's been updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I haven't been able to keep up with the news as much as I'd like, how far away along is ship docking?

• Advertisement

Smiles35 wrote: »
    I haven't been able to keep up with the news as much as I'd like, how far away along is ship docking?

Sounds like a bit to be done:

Advertisement