Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Euripides_

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Still unplayable.

Guess I will have to upgrade my pc from I7 5960X, 32GB DDR4 GTX 1080 to something that can run this game..........

Wonder if Nasa have an ebay account.

Runs fine for me. Sure you have your parts installed correctly? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Euripides_ wrote: »
    Runs fine for me. Sure you have your parts installed correctly? lol

If it's not installed on an SSD it won't run well at all. As well as that, until the Object Container Streaming and the stuff that goes with it is implemented in the next patch, it will have to keep almost everything in RAM at once. Currently you 'see' everything that happens on your server. Every ship that gets loaded etc. Doesn't matter if you're on the opposite of a moon on the far side of the Stanton system.

That will be implemented for the 3.3 patch because the new planet and moons that are planned for it won't work otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap?location=SHIP.MERCURYSTARRUNNER12&system=BACCHUS&camera=18.99,-49.86,0,0,0

Whole thing is to find a ship and get a paint job but nice interactive map.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not that surprising to see Chris Roberts saying this.

Zya5SRc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So apparently there is a Con for this and there was a charge of $20 dollars to watch it online. Backers kicked up a fuss, rightly in my opinion, so the Star Citizen CEO said backers can watch it free but they were going to have to cut back on crew and costs for the streams...
    UPDATE:

After sleeping on this, I am going to chalk this one up to experience.

We're going to cut back on the live-streaming crew / costs but have both stages streamed for anyone with a Star Citizen user account.

Star Citizen Content Creators are welcome to rebroadcast our stream live.

If you would like to support the additional costs of streaming all the presentations, you can support the show by purchasing the CitizenCon digital goodies package (Imperators still get this as their October flair)

"If you would like to support the additional cost of streaming, you can purchase our goodie package..."

The sheer fúcking cheek for a crowdfunded game that has made over $180 million to ask for a little hand with streaming costs.

This whole Star Citizen thing is the slimiest, skeeziest, greasiest bullshít in gaming right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

wow this is becoming more than a joke. Asking for money to watch the streams, just wow. And the statement above quoted by Kiith just cements my belief that this game if ever released will be so scewed towards people spending real money that it will be horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

said it from the beginning, its a scam.
    All they do is keep looking for more money to put "this in and that in" its going to be stuck in limbo forever adding stuff into the game without actually completing it.
    I'd say your man has a nice few beach houses and a couple of nice cars when it does go tits up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Chris has some explaining to do.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

wow this is becoming more than a joke. Asking for money to watch the streams, just wow. And the statement above quoted by Kiith just cements my belief that this game if ever released will be so scewed towards people spending real money that it will be horrible.

When you consider how much money some people have put into this game, I can't see how it won't be one of the most toxic game communities if it ever does get released, if players can get access to all the ships without having to grind their souls away to get them ingame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

They have produced the live video for the conventions in-house every time until now and have frequently had problems. A lot will be happening at this CitizenCon, a lot of panels and just generally bigger with more people.

They wanted to hire professionals to produce it. I agree with the idea, but they couldn't have gone about it any worse if they tried. It could have been funded with cosmetic items or something, which is what they should do for next time, but OFC they just pushed this idiotic idea out the door without consulting anyone.

Prominent Star Citizen YouTubers were almost dumbfounded that they would do something that was so obviously going to face massive backlash.

They scrapped the idea in the end I think. IIRC, everything will be available online, but just the keynote will be live. Recordings of everything else will be uploaded right after each panel finishes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SCIE Cu Chulainn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

All that money, all those celebrities and that's one of the most boring trailers I've seen in a while for any game.

Watched the Citizencon livestream yesterday and was left rather unimpressed at the state this game is still in after seven years of development. Feature creep is still in full effect yet things like framerate, animation, AI and gunplay are still dreadful. On the positive side of things the music was pretty cool and the real money shilling for the latest limited edition ship was topnotch.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is it a recognisable as a fully functional game yet? Haven't really been following the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is it a recognisable as a fully functional game yet? Haven't really been following the development.

Nope, they have free weekends every now and then try it.

There's a meetup in Token on the 20th for people who have the neck to enjoy the game, for anyone that is interested. Informal. Few pints, some grub.

https://twitter.com/StarCitizenIE/status/1050847439975002112

There's a meetup in Token on the 20th for people who have the neck to enjoy the game, for anyone that is interested. Informal. Few pints, some grub.

When there is a game, that meetup might have more people.

Many people seem angry that there are people enjoying playing it currently.

Many people seem angry that there are people enjoying playing it currently.

Many people seem defensive about a game that is barely alpha.

The fanboy is strong in you, I will buy it and play it when its a game.

Until then I gonna keep playing Elite, yah know a spaceship game thats actually a game and playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

They will be a long time waiting so:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is squadron 42 going to be released as a stand alone at some stage?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is squadron 42 going to be released as a stand alone at some stage?

Ye, meant to be before hand.

It's why a lot of ships and vehicles are coming out very quick after announcement or coming out when they're announced. As they're on a very prioritised development pipeline.

The new dropship that was released was shown in the SQ42 trailer, and people think the reason the pirate independent businessman Carrier is so far along so quickly is that's going to be a main part of one of the enemy factions in the story in Sq42.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Watched the hour long video there, and some of it looks amazing. Biggest concerns is the framerate, which looks woeful on what i'm assuming is a beast of a machine, and the sync issues in first person combat. It looks pretty bad at times.

Kiith wrote: »
    Watched the hour long video there, and some of it looks amazing. Biggest concerns is the framerate, which looks woeful on what i'm assuming is a beast of a machine, and the sync issues in first person combat. It looks pretty bad at times.

The patch that's being realised now is 3.3, the stuff with the planet is a later phase of that (3.3.5).

The 3.3 version has added some features and ships but the main thing is the performance increasing aspect which are coming in before the game expands with the planets and cities. People are getting huge boosts in performance from what it was in 3.2.

Now when 3.3.5 get's release that'll take a dive in places but probably not to the level seen in the demo, which is a month or 2 out.

EDIT: everyone can use 3.3 now, it's not the live build but it's is released to everyone.

Frame rates look much better but still so many game breaking bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Kiith wrote: »

Its designed for 2025 hardware, not 2018.

• Advertisement

Advertisement