Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Your better off not melting your first purchase ship or 'package' since this starts the ticker for when you first backed and which rewards you are entitled to, not to mention it keeps your alpha tester status.
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think once you get an alpha slot it is tied to your account, not your package, so you don't lose it if you melt your ship. I think the only thing you can really lose by melting is LTI if you have it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think i'll finally back it now, with the dogfighting module due to be released soon. Wasn't really bothered with paying for a hanger app at the time. Now to choose a ship...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Has it been said what other people in your craft do, or is it all speculation at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

stevenmu wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think once you get an alpha slot it is tied to your account, not your package, so you don't lose it if you melt your ship. I think the only thing you can really lose by melting is LTI if you have it.

Id check that out if I were you, im pretty sure Wingman mentioned that before. If you remove or melt your starter pledge, you loose those bonuses like the million rewards.

Check to see if you can melt the starter ship and say claim a Connie, but im not sure if that is possible, since ship packages are more expensive than the later pledges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Was actually just going to ask something about ^that!

Apart from early access and the extra hours of fun it would bring (of course), are there any exclusives or rewards etc that you'd miss out on by waiting? I'm really interested in this, but I don't have a good enough PC to run it at the moment but I don't want to be "left behind" either, if that makes sense.

• Advertisement

Isn't lifetime insurance something that's no longer offered? I'd assume some of the other perks may be withdrawn too. But only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Well I went ahead and became a backer, I got myself the Hornet Ghost ship.

I hope I made a good selection.

Was actually just going to ask something about ^that!

Apart from early access and the extra hours of fun it would bring (of course), are there any exclusives or rewards etc that you'd miss out on by waiting? I'm really interested in this, but I don't have a good enough PC to run it at the moment but I don't want to be "left behind" either, if that makes sense.

You have missed LTI, engine tweakers, robot mechanic, etc. But nothing that is a game changer or give other players a crazy advantage.

Edit: CR has publicly stated that LTI is no way a game changer and ship insurance will be very cheap and easy to earn creds for.

You have missed LTI, engine tweakers, robot mechanic, etc. But nothing that is a game changer or give other players a crazy advantage.

Edit: CR has publicly stated that LTI is no way a game changer and ship insurance will be very cheap and easy to earn creds for.

Nice one - will think some more before deciding to buy now or wait. Lots of research to be done!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Id check that out if I were you, im pretty sure Wingman mentioned that before. If you remove or melt your starter pledge, you loose those bonuses like the million rewards.
    Oh, actually you're right. I was thinking of just the benefits listed on the pledge screen when you buy, the ones there (Alpha/Beta access, star map, soundtrack etc) are tied to your account and you keep them after melting, but others may not be.

• Advertisement

A question about ship weapons, how do i find out what power level cannons i can fit to my ship?

A question about ship weapons, how do i find out what power level cannons i can fit to my ship?

There is a Stats page somewhere. Although cant exactly find it at present. I know Stats are given in the hanger holo table.

I'll wait for the DFM before I pimp my Ghost, probably go with a full Mass Driver set up to keep my signature as low as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Any mention of Oculus rift support for the DFM? I might get it if it does

Only 2600 Alpha spots left so don't wait to long.

Only 2600 Alpha spots left so don't wait to long.

TELL ME WHAT TO BUY!!!!!!!!

J/k, but I do need to make a choice soon. It's quite daunting having to pick just one ship (because I'm poor) without trying them out first. Suppose I should base my decision on what I want to be when I grow up career I want to follow in the PU.

You can buy as many as you want lol. I would recommend the Cutlass package or Freelancer. Personally I bought the Hornet Ghost, because I'm more into the pvp side of things but I'm probably going to have to invest in the Freelancer to make credits.

If you don't have a dogfighter then you will be supplied with a temporary free base model Hornet for the DFM.

You can buy as many as you want lol. I would recommend the Cutlass package or Freelancer. Personally I bought the Hornet Ghost, because I'm more into the pvp side of things but I'm probably going to have to invest in the Freelancer to make credits.

If you don't have a dogfighter then you will be supplied with a temporary free base model Hornet for the DFM.

Nice one, thanks! Funnily enough I was leaning towards the Cutlass, but that's great news re: the temporary Hornet. :)

Cant wait to try my Super Hornet when its released on DFM. Going to rip stuff to shreds.

Are you definitely allowed use your purchased ships for the DFM? I was under the impression that everyone used a hornet as that would mean they don't have to finish every current ship just to test the game engine. Any videos I've seen about the DFM (admittedly, not many) have all focused on it using the hornet.

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Are you definitely allowed use your purchased ships for the DFM? I was under the impression that everyone used a hornet as that would mean they don't have to finish every current ship just to test the game engine. Any videos I've seen about the DFM (admittedly, not many) have all focused on it using the hornet.

Once its a dogfighter class ship, and if you dont own one they will supply you with a Hornet to use for the DFM.

Now im not sure if they give you the Hornet if you already own one.

Fingers crossed we should have the DFM tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Fingers crossed we should have the DFM tomorrow.

Was there an announcement at PAX?

EoinHef wrote: »
    Was there an announcement at PAX?

PAX should be starting in the next few hours and it's seems to be widely believed the DFM launch will be announced.

I am not staying up until 2am for this DFM reveal...

Anyone watching?

It was on to late for me, I'll give it a watch after work. Still no release date for the DFM.

Has anyone else had trouble accessing the official RSI forums? I can log onto the site no problem, but when I go to the forum section my status goes to offline. And if I try to log in via the forum page, I'm told my account/email doesn't exist.

It's working fine for me.

• Advertisement

Mine works fine.
    Maybe forum whining has broken the servers.

Advertisement