Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does it make a difference?

Options
  • 23-07-2013 3:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

Ok - long story short.

Chronic Smoker, Lazy B*****d who eats rubbish constantly

6ft - 15 stone

30yo

I currently would like to start a little fitness training, nothing major, just up my fitness and lose a few pounds (or at least look a little leaner)

Current job requires I work till 2/3 am - I am completely unable to sleep after work and do not sleep until 5/5:30 am, dont know why I just need to unwind on the net or watch a movie or whatever but I definately wont sleep.

Which means I dont get up till like 1/2pm most days, do the daily routine then back in work about 8/9.

My question is if I started a decent workout at 3am, before bed - would it be of any use - As I write this i'm saying to myself anything is better than nothing but as i'm not very "up" on how then body reacts at different stages of the day to various activities I thought the good people of boards might be able to shed some light on the subject.

Most people do a workout in the morning or early evening so is before bed a mad time to be doing it or what? with my life style what should I be doing?

Sorry for the probably stupid questions, I just want to start to try and make a change and really dont know where to begin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I think the only way you'll know is if you try. I know myself that if I train before bed I wouldn't sleep for a few hours but I also know other people who can do this.

You'll need to knock the rubbish on the head, though. The stickies here are very useless for all things nutrition.

If you want to post you your current eating habits and people here can point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Personally I find exercise in general to give me a great burst of energy so I can't imagine its the best thing ti do before heading to bed.

Could you not do it in the 6 hours before you stat work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

stuchyg wrote: »
    Personally I find exercise in general to give me a great burst of energy so I can't imagine its the best thing ti do before heading to bed.

Could you not do it in the 6 hours before you stat work

Well not really, the only free time I would have would be at these hrs - I might just give it a go and see what way I react.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Most ppl train in their free time Tbf. I finish work bout half 5. Get to the gym half 6 and train until about 8.

Advertisement