Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Android/iOS app

Options
  • 23-07-2013 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Surely it's a long time coming for boards to release an official android/ios app? There are a couple of unofficial ones available for Android but they're fairly crap. Any sign of this happening any time soon? Get with the times and all that :D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I think they mentioned it in the Q&A video last month..I can't exactly remember what was said though. Anyway, the touch site really annoys me. I can't wait for an Android app but I have a feeling they'll make an iOS one first..

Watch the Q&A if you ever get time

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

Yeah the touch site is fairly awful in fairness! Hopefully they release both apps at the same time though, don't see why iOS should get one first when you have as many people if not more on Android.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Iano_128 wrote: »
    Yeah the touch site is fairly awful in fairness!

What's wrong with it?

Danny

The way polls look in it they come up all over the place, I also find when you're scrolling through the "home page" browsing posts, it loads the same ones more than once (what I mean is you click to go to the 2nd page and half the posts from the 1st are still there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Iano_128 wrote: »
    The way polls look in it they come up all over the place, I also find when you're scrolling through the "home page" browsing posts, it loads the same ones more than once (what I mean is you click to go to the 2nd page and half the posts from the 1st are still there).

Have you an example of a poll that come's "up all over the place" and would you mind dropping a picture on here with some details on your phone?

That second issue is a problem with our API, which the phone app would use that too so it's not going to magic that problem away. A fix for that issue will be implemented in the near future.

Danny

• Advertisement

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056976739/21/#post85651358

That's it there, my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2, hasn't been modded or rooted or anything like that, if you click that link even from a desktop you can see what I mean about the poll.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement