Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lock you doors! Pococke estate

Options
  • 23-07-2013 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Somebody broke into our house last night. Well broke... we left the keys in the door, but they were in our home at half past four this morning. Thankfully our dogs were in the sitting room and made enough noise to scare them off.

Nothing stolen and no harm done only a bad nights sleep. Our neighbour had some equipment stolen from his car earlier this year also. I'm guessing there are opportunist thieves walking the neighbourhood at that time of the morning, trying car doors or houses looking for a soft target.

Be safe, lock your doors!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I remember back during the building boom actually doors being stolen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Why did you leave the keys in the door? Sure if you do that is that not an invitation for a thief?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

S28382 wrote: »
    Why did you leave the keys in the door? Sure if you do that is that not an invitation for a thief?

tumblr_mmr1wfKCBd1rlo1q2o1_500.jpg

Rega wrote: »
    tumblr_mmr1wfKCBd1rlo1q2o1_500.jpg

Well done for posting that i really feel foolish now for posting a legitimate question, thank you for making me see the error of my ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭padraig.od

S28382 wrote: »

I always leave my keys in the door, it makes them harder to lose:D

My point is there are people cruising the estate at early hours of the morning, looking for a soft opportunity. Two cars in the drive, and a "warning my dogs will eat you" sign were no deterrent.

• Advertisement

padraig.od wrote: »
    I always leave my keys in the door, it makes them harder to lose:D

My point is there are people cruising the estate at early hours of the morning, looking for a soft opportunity. Two cars in the drive, and a "warning my dogs will eat you" sign were no deterrent.

I wasnt having a go at you over it i was just curious as to why people leave their doors unlocked at night, there is some scumbags floating around who even in broad daylight would rob a house as they tend to get away with it.

Where im living there is a certain type of people not far from our house whos kids have a habit of checking to see if peoples doors are locked and they do this during the day with no care as to who sees em the little fu*kers.

Advertisement