Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longshot question about media players

Options
  • 23-07-2013 9:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭

hi all,
    I've bought this infra-red USB remote that I use while watching stuff on my telly - I have a nettop hooked up to it - a HTPC if you will.

Anyway I cannot find a media player that lets you rewind and fast forward like you would do if you were watching a VHS or DVD, even though there appears to be buttons for it on the control. i can only do it by moving the mouse cursor to the scroll bar and doing it manually and it's a bit cumbersome on the remote.

I've tried VLC, Media player classic, and WMP.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers.

csD5736l.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

XBMC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

The remote supports the following players: WMP, RealPlayer, KMPlayer, TTPlayer, WinDVD, PowerDVD

Most of them are rubbish but try KMPlayer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Thanks KM player kind of works, goes back and forwards 5 seconds per press which isn't too bad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

davo2001 wrote: »
    XBMC?

Thanks, just installed XBMC and I can rewind and fast forward on that.

nice one

Advertisement