Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Purchase Mortgage

Options
  • 23-07-2013 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what banks work best for foreign purchases, if at all. Looking at buying in Romania and local rates there are 7.8% APR, so can I get a mortgage in Ireland or whose best to speak to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Simple answer would be Forget it. You cant even get a mortgage to buy in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Anyone know what banks work best for foreign purchases, if at all. Looking at buying in Romania and local rates there are 7.8% APR, so can I get a mortgage in Ireland or whose best to speak to?

You definitely won't get a mortgage in Ireland on a property in Romania. Your only hope is to get a loan from a Romania-based bank. I don't know how easy (or otherwise) this will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

its grand I have contacts there and a basis for a loan...was just wondering about here. Thanks anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

Zero possibility in Ireland, unless you have unencumbered property here as security and even then it's very unlikely. And that's before considering taking on a whole load of FX risk to save 1-2% on the interest rate - google Euro Mortgages in Iceland.

Advertisement