Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Mechanic - Cork City

Options
  • 23-07-2013 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Also posted in Motors.

I'm looking for a decent mechanic to give my '07 Fiesta a full service before it goes in for the NCT in the next couple of weeks.

Holla back if you know of someone! :D

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Also posted in Motors.

I'm looking for a decent mechanic to give my '07 Fiesta a full service before it goes in for the NCT in the next couple of weeks.

Holla back if you know of someone! :D

TIA
    You'd be wasting money getting it fully serviced BEFORE the NCT. Let it do the test, it could pass and you'll have saved yourself €120 odd. And even if it fails, you'll know exactly what to fix in it and you could spend less than half what a service would cost you fixing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Well, no actually. The car needs a service anyway...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I had to get my car serviced last week and I went to http://www.dcannygarage.ie/. They're on White Street and they're really nice. We phoned on Thursday afternoon and dropped it in first thing on Friday morning. Full service starts from €99 and they even washed my car at the end. David is the name of the guy that runs it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

I went to Ballinlough Motors recently. Great service and really sound. Well, I was happy anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I use automotif cork, they are on kinsale rd.
    They do tyres as well as servicing and repairs , they are fully qualified mechanics and their price is reasonable for the good service they provide.

http://www.automotif.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Ger Healy on Glasheen Road is incredibly reasonable, basically replaced half my suspension which was ruined from potholes for €160, and he threw in new brake pads. Think a full service for a focus including hand wash is €130.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I always use Autofast in Ballincollig - usually costs around €90.

Advertisement