Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Sponsor

Options
  • 23-07-2013 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hello,

Just looking for some help on what visa I should apply for and what my chances are of getting it, I have been to oz on a WHV for 2 years from 07/09, when I came home I went to college for 3 years and got a degree in software development and have been working for the past year, I would like to return next year, I have a sister who is a resident and is married to an Australian, would she be able to sponsor me? Would a 457 visa be a better route?

Thanks for the reply's!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

rambo85 wrote: »
    I have a sister who is a resident and is married to an Australian, would she be able to sponsor me? Would a 457 visa be a better route?

In a kinda way of yes.... but its not a free pass.

If she lives in a designated area she can sponsor you for 10 points provided you can obtain 50 points yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rambo85

cheers,

I was short 5 points on the test, but I read if you do the ielts exam you can increase your points, is this possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

rambo85 wrote: »
    cheers,

I was short 5 points on the test, but I read if you do the ielts exam you can increase your points, is this possible?

Yeah, family sponsor is only for 489 visa which is a temporary provisional skilled visa. If you are looking PR straight up best to do the IELTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rambo85

ok

thanks for the help

Advertisement