Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why has my Premium Increased?

Options
  • 23-07-2013 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I am extremely dis-satisfied with Liberty Insurance. I received my renewal price today and just like last year, my premium rose by around 25%. Last year I dropped from comprehensive to TPFT to bring my premium close to €600. Last year, I got the usual "Oh, everyone's policy has gone up" rubbish, but of course, I know many people who own cars, some insured with you and not all premiums rose....shocker!

My renewal premium has increased even though I turned 30 last month and now men and women should be paying the same, but this seems not to be the case at all. How on earth can you justify this premium? I have 7 years NCB! I drive very few miles. Sure, I drive a sports car import, but it's the same car I have had insured with you since 2011.

It is very frustrating having to call every year about this rubbish. There is no way I will be paying an increased premium. It is obvious that Liberty are simply bleeding customers dry! Insurance the way it should be my ass. Ruth also ignored a pm I sent about a week ago when I asked about my renewal price ( I didn't know what it was then ).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Liberty Insurance: Cathy

goz83 wrote: »
    I am extremely dis-satisfied with Liberty Insurance. I received my renewal price today and just like last year, my premium rose by around 25%. Last year I dropped from comprehensive to TPFT to bring my premium close to €600. Last year, I got the usual "Oh, everyone's policy has gone up" rubbish, but of course, I know many people who own cars, some insured with you and not all premiums rose....shocker!My renewal premium has increased even though I turned 30 last month and now men and women should be paying the same, but this seems not to be the case at all. How on earth can you justify this premium? I have 7 years NCB! I drive very few miles. Sure, I drive a sports car import, but it's the same car I have had insured with you since 2011.It is very frustrating having to call every year about this rubbish. There is no way I will be paying an increased premium. It is obvious that Liberty are simply bleeding customers dry! Insurance the way it should be my ass. Ruth also ignored a pm I sent about a week ago when I asked about my renewal price ( I didn't know what it was then ).
    Hi Goz83

If none of your details on the policy have changed, the increase would be due to a change in our rates. I would recommend contacting our renewals team on 1890 89 1890 and they will have a look at your policy to make sure you get the best price we can offer.

Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Hi Goz83

If none of your details on the policy have changed, the increase would be due to a change in our rates. I would recommend contacting our renewals team on 1890 89 1890 and they will have a look at your policy to make sure you get the best price we can offer.

Cathy

That must be some change considering I have entered a new age bracket. But that is the same every year Cathy, so I don't hold much faith in that argument...I hear it all the time.

That must be some change considering I have entered a new age bracket. But that is the same every year Cathy, so I don't hold much faith in that argument...I hear it all the time.
    Hi goz83

I will arrange for someone in renewals team to give you a call back about this.

Cathy

Hi goz83

I will arrange for someone in renewals team to give you a call back about this.

Cathy

Thank you Cathy.

Lorraine called and was very helpful. I will likely renew, as the price came down to a reasonable level....although oddly enough, fully comp was cheaper than tpft. Same anomaly with Chill

Thank you Cathy.Lorraine called and was very helpful. I will likely renew, as the price came down to a reasonable level....although oddly enough, fully comp was cheaper than tpft. Same anomaly with Chill
    Hi goz83

I'm glad to hear you have got sorted and that you plan to stay with us for another year. 

Cathy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Goz,

I've had the same problem. It increased even though I've entered a new age bracket (I think) and have added an extra year NCB.

That's all backed up with 6 Years of Loyalty to Quinn Direct / Liberty Insurance.

A phone call dropped it by €100 but I saved €400 by going elsewhere.
    This is my first time changing my insurance provider. (Other than my first year driving under my dad's insurance)

I can't make sense from one insurance charging about 40% less than another.
    My mother's is up in August too, and her quote came in at 33% less on another provider.
    To be fair, I won't mention who the new provider is (I'm probably not allowed to anyway).

PeteK* wrote: »
    Goz,

I've had the same problem. It increased even though I've entered a new age bracket (I think) and have added an extra year NCB.

That's all backed up with 6 Years of Loyalty to Quinn Direct / Liberty Insurance.

A phone call dropped it by €100 but I saved €400 by going elsewhere.
    This is my first time changing my insurance provider. (Other than my first year driving under my dad's insurance)

I can't make sense from one insurance charging about 40% less than another.
    My mother's is up in August too, and her quote came in at 33% less on another provider.
    To be fair, I won't mention who the new provider is (I'm probably not allowed to anyway).
    You can name them, but it doesn't matter. It is a shame Liberty couldn't help you out. I am glad they managed to sort mine out, because I hate calling lots of providers. Give me a decent price and I will take it.

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

PeteK* wrote: »
    Goz,I've had the same problem. It increased even though I've entered a new age bracket (I think) and have added an extra year NCB.That's all backed up with 6 Years of Loyalty to Quinn Direct / Liberty Insurance.A phone call dropped it by €100 but I saved €400 by going elsewhere.This is my first time changing my insurance provider. (Other than my first year driving under my dad's insurance)I can't make sense from one insurance charging about 40% less than another.My mother's is up in August too, and her quote came in at 33% less on another provider.To be fair, I won't mention who the new provider is (I'm probably not allowed to anyway).
    Hi PeteK

I'm glad we were able to discount your premium further and I'm sorry we were not the most competitive quote for you on this occasion.

Any quotation we offer is based on a number of risk factors, such as vehicle specifications, driver details, driving experience, area where the vehicle is kept and driving convictions/claims.  Prices vary between Companies as each Company rate risks differently and offer varying products with different benefits.
    We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom over the last 6 years. While we are not competitive on this occasion, our pricing is constantly under review so we would encourage you to contact us again at your next renewal.

Una

Advertisement