Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a consultant to help setup an investment company

Options
  • 23-07-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

We are running a low carbon food logistics company, and we plan to attract investment to fund the infrastructure cost. We think that we need 7.5m over 10 years.

I'm just looking into the feasibility now, whereby the entity will be refunded through a variety of income streams. My understanding is that with a private limited company you are limited in the amount of shareholders you can get.

Would anyone know a good accountant or someone who has created a vehicle like this before?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

are you talking about someone to set up a Ltd company or setting up a Ltd company as a SPV - Special purpose vehicle?

I use to deal with alot of SPV when working with a nama developer but they are all set up in the one direction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

The maximum amount of shareholders in a private limited company is 99. However structures can be set up to increase this amount if the case requires it.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭jinghong

thanks for the replies

The structure we use depends on the time and cost to set up.
    It's good to know you can increase the number from 99 if warranted for a limited company. I would envisage that we would require a few hundred investors.

In that light, maybe an spv will be a good option, but it may also be possible to set up a limited company in earlier years, as the capital requirements in this timeframe would be a few hundred thousand, rather than millions - and then create a different legal vehicle as required?

Any idea of the cost of setting up an SPV?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

You have two main options

1) Set up a nominee company that owns the shares to be issued. This company then holds the shares as nominee for the investors.

2) Set up the company as a public limited company as there are no limits on the number of members of such a company.

If you need to discuss it further send me a PM.

dbran

Advertisement