Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent in receivership

Options
  • 23-07-2013 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys

I am new to this site but have always found it so helpful - I was hoping someone could give me a bit of information.

I just got a letter advising that a rent receiver was appointed over my property as i had gotten into arrears with the mortgage. Does anyone know when the receivership kicks in or is it as of the date of the letter?

Also can i presume that as the receiver is taking over the rental income, he will be responsible for the income tax and management co. fee also? And should i continue paying for the mortgage protection policy ?

Does anyone know if the receiver will take responsibility for the tenants' rental deposit when they decide to move out? They are really good tenants and i don't want them to lose out. If i have to i will pay them back myself it will be difficult however as i have to pay the revenue, my solicitors and accountants.

Bit of a mess really but hoping someone can advise ?

Many thanks

Gimmedzah

Advertisement