Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ew121

jeddie20 wrote: »
    Its fairly close to the registration date, fairly late, different for everyone really..

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Edel666

jeddie20 wrote: »
    Nope, you? Roll on the nineteenth :D
    Nope i didn't get an offer yet either same as i said hopefully we'll be successful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 KrisR

Does anyone know if the CAO automatically knows that you got a B3 in Mathematics Leaving Certificate Ordinary Level from the leaving cert the previous year as it is required for the course? Or is there a way on the cao page to inform them that you sat the 2012 leaving cert?

Well when you were applying to the CAO and if you entered the year you sat the L.C along with your PPS no. then they should be able to access your results not 100% sure but thats my view on it maybe you'd be better off ringing them tomorrow? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Just two more weeks now until round one, I was not nervous but I am starting to crap myself a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

It will be worse if people don't get what they want in 2 weeks. At least now there's still a small chance that we can get something. What can we cling to after round 1? I don't think many people will reject their place and even if they do plenty will be trying to fill it.
    Anyway lets not lose hope while it's still there.

Ahhh i know i'm gonna be so nervous, especially the night before too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

KrisR wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the CAO automatically knows that you got a B3 in Mathematics Leaving Certificate Ordinary Level from the leaving cert the previous year as it is required for the course? Or is there a way on the cao page to inform them that you sat the 2012 leaving cert?

As far as I know you don't need to get a B3 for example in a certain subject, it's just a recommendation used as a guide to what the maths in a course is like, if ya get me

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jayrgomez

I got ucd psychiatric nursing from cao through my fetac points but i also have dcu general nursing because i was doin a course in dcu last year and transferred successfully to nursing, i cant decide which to pick......

Jayrgomez wrote: »
    dont lose hope, i got ucd psychiatric nursing. and i wont be accepting it. ill be accepting my dcu general nursing though :)
    hope you all the best :)!
    You never know hopefully you'll get something in the next round of offers i still have to wait for mine aswell :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

God, I just hope some people decide to turn down their offers this coming thursday and I get one.
    So unfair.

God, I just hope some people decide to turn down their offers this coming thursday and I get one.
    So unfair.
    Is there more offers this Thursday Seven Eleven?

Edel666 wrote: »
    Is there more offers this Thursday Seven Eleven?

No, but presumably if people havent accepted their offers after 7 days, they will re-offer them to others.

No, but presumably if people havent accepted their offers after 7 days, they will re-offer them to others.
    Oh right and is that for all FETAC courses or is it just the nursing applicants. I don't think the Institute of Technology colleges were included in round zero am i right?

Oh right and is that for all FETAC courses or is it just the nursing applicants. I don't think the Institute of Technology colleges were included in round zero am i right?

you're right. most I.T courses were not offered in round 0. they're round 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭happyviolet

How do you know that you get an offer? Do you have to log on to the site everyday to see, or do you get a notification by email or text?

Pheeewww i was thinking that alright thanks )

How do you know that you get an offer? Do you have to log on to the site everyday to see, or do you get a notification by email or text?
    As far as i know they should text and send you an e-mail and then you log on to your account :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Emmab95

I also think you get a letter in the post :)

What happens then if we get offered a place do we accept it online, print out the receipt/notification to acknowledge we accepted it and then wait for the college to contact us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

You'll log on and it will be there, you just click accept

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

What happens then if we get offered a place do we accept it online, print out the receipt/notification to acknowledge we accepted it and then wait for the college to contact us?

u will receive a confirmation text and email then u wait a week or so and u will get all relevant information from the college

Thanks guys )

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

was onto cao and they said for people that didnt secure on offer in round zero there wudnt be more offers until round one even if some people have turned down there offers. And after that offers would be made on a weekly basis to fill any places that may become available

Sinny2 wrote: »
    was onto cao and they said for people that didnt secure on offer in round zero there wudnt be more offers until round one even if some people have turned down there offers. And after that offers would be made on a weekly basis to fill any places that may become available
    Yes i was thinking that as it gives you the offer round dates on the website and the round zero doesn't apply to the IT's i think the round zero offers were only for certain FETAC applicants :)

Yes i was thinking that as it gives you the offer round dates on the website and the round zero doesn't apply to the IT's i think the round zero offers were only for certain FETAC applicants :)

People say it doesn't apply to IT's yet my friend and I both got offers from IT's

Sean1975 wrote: »
    People say it doesn't apply to IT's yet my friend and I both got offers from IT's
    Really what IT offered you a place?

Really what IT offered you a place?

Yes level 8 civil engineering in Carlow and my friend got DIT

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

Lots of ITs gave out places in Round Zero, it depends on the course not on the college. The course I applied to in Athlone IT gave out 8 places.

• Advertisement

Sean1975 wrote: »
    Yes level 8 civil engineering in Carlow and my friend got DIT
    Oh right congrats :) I applied to IT Sligo so i still have to wait until the 19th :)

Advertisement