Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Edel666

Lamina wrote: »
    Lots of ITs gave out places in Round Zero, it depends on the course not on the college. The course I applied to in Athlone IT gave out 8 places.
    How do you know :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

Edel666 wrote: »
    How do you know :):)

If you go into the FETAC Information, FETAC Entry Requirments and then find your course and look at the code beside it. Beside my course it says MAN/ONE. MAN means ''The score is used to rank FETAC applicants for consideration for entry to a FETAC quota course.''. I contacted AIT and they said they did give out 8 FETAC places. ONE means ''The best score in a single FETAC assessment session are used for ranking purposes.''.

If you go into the FETAC Information, FETAC Entry Requirments and then find your course and look at the code beside it. Beside my course it says MAN/ONE. MAN means ''The score is used to rank FETAC applicants for consideration for entry to a FETAC quota course.''. I contacted AIT and they said they did give out 8 FETAC places. ONE means ''The best score in a single FETAC assessment session are used for ranking purposes.''.
    Ya i've spotted that already and i have enough entry requirements for my course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Nearly the 10th now so getting close, just keeping the thread going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

Week and a half :D

• Advertisement

deisedave wrote: »
    Nearly the 10th now so getting close, just keeping the thread going :D
    I know ahhh exciting probably about 9 days to go am i right?

My second and third choices on the CAO are 380 and 390 points, and if I turn my FETAC award into points I got 383.3. It says I won't be competing against Leaving Cert students but if I am it's going to be tight!

My second and third choices on the CAO are 380 and 390 points, and if I turn my FETAC award into points I got 383.3. It says I won't be competing against Leaving Cert students but if I am it's going to be tight!

Always the chance they could go down this year, which is what people are saying might happen this year in a lot of institutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

If that's the highest points look at the average it's usually a good bit lower

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

Anybody care to add up my FETAC results into CAO points ? :)

Do not get this new system whatsoever. Oh well :D

I got 6 Distinctions, 1 Merit and 1 Pass

• Advertisement

currychips wrote: »

Is everything standard or is any double scored

currychips wrote: »

If everything is standard u got 350 points

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

Sean1975 wrote: »
    If everything is standard u got 350 points

What do you mean by Standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

What do you mean by Standard?

Some courses are worth double points but ur tutor will tell u which ones.

jeddie20 wrote: »
    Ahahha i kept creating one of those too not long to go now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

This time next week we'll either be delighted and hugging everyone or upset and killing everyone.

Yellow121 wrote: »
    This time next week we'll either be delighted and hugging everyone or upset and killing everyone.
    I know i was just about to post on this form, exactly one week to go folks, I hope we'll be going with option A Yellow121 :)

I got paranoid that CAO never got my results, to I had to email them to make sure and they did :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

I got paranoid that CAO never got my results, to I had to email them to make sure and they did :P

:D I did the exact same thing.

• Advertisement

Yellow121 wrote: »
    :D I did the exact same thing.
    I done the exact same thing because the RAXXX code appeared on my CAO statement and i just wanted to double check that they had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭katieg19

I totally did the exact same thing! haha! was then even more depressing that my results were fine, I just wasnt offered a place! XD Bricking it for next monday now!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

katieg19 wrote: »
    I totally did the exact same thing! haha! was then even more depressing that my results were fine, I just wasnt offered a place! XD Bricking it for next monday now!

Haha i did that too :D they must if been sick of emails asking was our results ok and then i was more disappointed when they said they were i was hoping there was a mistake lol :p not long to go now :D

I'm sure you'll get an offer was ur course a quota course because I think only certain
    colleges/courses were included in round zero?

Same, same. If they do turn our results into CAO points and the points for vet. nursing don't go up I've a chance at Letterkenny that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Emmab95

This has been the longest wait ever :(

Emmab95 wrote: »

Yeah it has ruined my summer pretty much because I just cannot stop thinking about the cao offers and I can't relax.

Emmab95 wrote: »

Oh I know I'm getting impatient now haha I just want to know just wish all FETAC students could find out before the Leaving Certs because we'd know and could get accommodation sorted sooner. Don't think I'll sleep much on Sunday night.... Who wants to pull an all nighter with me?? Haha

I've been scoping out how the Leaving Certs did. Since there has been an all round decrease in the amount of people that applied to the CAO, and it has decreased in the Agriculture and Veterinary area which I'm under and the amount of A1s given out to LC students is down I'm hoping course points will be down this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭katieg19

Same, same. If they do turn our results into CAO points and the points for vet. nursing don't go up I've a chance at Letterkenny that's about it.

do letterkenny turn them into points?!?!?! I'm seriously hoping theres somewhere that do and some people who were offered 2 places and have to turn down some...

Advertisement