Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Yellow121 wrote: »
    Come on WIT, Sinny can't wait all day. You know I actually got offered a place in WIT but it's for sport performance and coaching. I don't think I'm going to take it so that's a space on that course up for grabs, maybe something similar might happen for you?

Really unlikely, anyone going for nursing would go anywhere in the country if they got a place because we all know how hard it is to get in, im holding on hope to this transfer thingy :p i also got offered level 7 : applied social care in wit so i might think about the level 7 so it wont **** up my chances of doing a level 8 in the future! Headwrecking :p

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Edel666

currychips wrote: »
    Social Care practice level 8 :)
    Why don't you take athlone then? I know you don't want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

Wtf do other ITs do this? Wish they'd have said something I thought all the ITs offered at once!

all offers are out according to the paper and its the high level of maths that is driving course points higher but i don't see much of a change in point averages

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

Edel666 wrote: »
    Why don't you take athlone then? I know you don't want it.

Because I have two jobs in Sligo, and I would not be able to afford Athlone. Just had my heart set on Sligo I guess, 1 Day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

It's a special plan deviced by me and Sinny, it's illegal however but might make us feel better.

Ahh you do make me laugh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Congrats to all those who got a place :)

Got my 8 distinctions, plus a merit, and didn't get offered any of the courses I applied for :(

Just have to see what happens in round 2 now

Because I have two jobs in Sligo, and I would not be able to afford Athlone. Just had my heart set on Sligo I guess, 1 Day :)
    Oh right i didn't realize you were working in Sligo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Sinny2 wrote: »
    Really unlikely, anyone going for nursing would go anywhere in the country if they got a place because we all know how hard it is to get in, im holding on hope to this transfer thingy :p i also got offered level 7 : applied social care in wit so i might think about the level 7 so it wont **** up my chances of doing a level 8 in the future! Headwrecking :p

Yeah, nursing seems impossible to get into. The transfer thing would be sweet.
    Would applied social care help with nursing in the future? Maybe when you're there get friendly with the nursing lecturers, improve your chances for next year!

Edel666 wrote: »
    Oh right i didn't realize you were working in Sligo.

Yup ! I v been living here for 2 years now and love it. Would go anywhere else =]

point for lvl 8 social care practice in sligo it sg243 are 300 points down from 345

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 keeponclimbing

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Congrats to all those who got a place :)

Got my 8 distinctions, plus a merit, and didn't get offered any of the courses I applied for :(

Just have to see what happens in round 2 now

You serious man? Wtf you're taking it well, I have to say. You should definitely get something are you sure nothings up? You made sure the cao had you're results? Check the points list on the cao website to see your chosen courses required points wise.

Sean1975 wrote: »
    point for lvl 8 social care practice in sligo it sg243 are 300 points down from 345

YESSS!!!! Thats brilliant news :D

You serious man? Wtf you're taking it well, I have to say. You should definitely get something are you sure nothings up? You made sure the cao had you're results? Check the points list on the cao website to see your chosen courses required points wise.
    What? Really? Oh my gosh that's ridiculous. You should maybe ring the college and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

This is good advise man. What did you get a round zero course? The main thing we should all remember is to keep moving forward and always strive to do better. However, my thoughts are with those looking over doing another plc course as plcs are surprisingly difficult and required so much work throughout the year, so to have to do it again...would be tough mentally. However, if someone hasn't done one or are thinking of doing one I would only recommend them! I did my leaving cert in 2011 having never had any intention of going to college, which was just as well as I only got 190 points. But its funny what a smelling salt the dole is and having done a plc I am now going to college...somewhere I never thought Id end up!

I got an offer in Round Zero. I know it genuinely sucks for people not to get offered a place but its not the end of the world and if you keep working hard and remain positive you can get to where you want to be.

I did my leaving cert in 2006 at the age of 16 and got about 100 points, if even, I didn't take it seriously or study anything. I went to a couple of other PLC courses and dropped out after a few months. Last year I decided I needed to knuckle down and sort out my education and future.

I got 11 distinctions and got offered a place in University. At the age of 16 when I got my Leaving Cert results I would have never ever thought I would go to college, let alone a major university.

I'd encourage anyone to retake a Fetac course and use their experience last year to their benefit and get the best results possible, not just the minimum requirements. A lot of colleges advertise that the needed results are 5 distinctions but 90% of the time you probably need maximum distinctions because of how competitive Fetac is.

You guys can still get to where you want to go, and it might not be ideal, but remain positive and try again rather than give up. If you found the other fetac course you did hard or tough, maybe rethink what you'd like to do and go down another fetac route.

Yeah man, got distinctions in the 5 mandatory modules (applied for accounting, economics and business managment courses) and then in 3 others
    I gave them my PPS, and even sent them a copy of my results from this year, so I'm not sure what the story is

Worst comes to worst I could just do a level 6 somewhere

I got an offer in Round Zero. I know it genuinely sucks for people not to get offered a place but its not the end of the world and if you keep working hard and remain positive you can get to where you want to be.

I did my leaving cert in 2006 at the age of 16 and got about 100 points, if even, I didn't take it seriously or study anything. I went to a couple of other PLC courses and dropped out after a few months. Last year I decided I needed to knuckle down and sort out my education and future.

I got 11 distinctions and got offered a place in University. At the age of 16 when I got my Leaving Cert results I would have never ever thought I would go to college, let alone a major university.

I'd encourage anyone to retake a Fetac course and use their experience last year to their benefit and get the best results possible, not just the minimum requirements. A lot of colleges advertise that the needed results are 5 distinctions but 90% of the time you probably need maximum distinctions because of how competitive Fetac is.

You guys can still get to where you want to go, and it might not be ideal, but remain positive and try again rather than give up. If you found the other fetac course you did hard or tough, maybe rethink what you'd like to do and go down another fetac route.

That really helps ! :) Thank you .

Yeah man, got distinctions in the 5 mandatory modules (applied for accounting, economics and business managment courses) and then in 3 others
    I gave them my PPS, and even sent them a copy of my results from this year, so I'm not sure what the story is

Are any of those courses you applied for over 400 points? Because that's the score you got through FETAC.
    I made that mistake applying for PE teaching as well, you can't into it through FETAC I don't think.

How old are you? That absolutely sucks, the system is flawed if people like yourself, who get 8 distinctions aren't being offered anything. I mean, I'd understand if it was nursing you were after because of how competitive it is, but everything else should be open to you with those grades. I hope round two is kind to you man :-)

Are any of those courses you applied for over 400 points? Because that's the score you got through FETAC.
    I made that mistake applying for PE teaching as well, you can't into it through FETAC I don't think.

They're all around the mid 300 mark, if not lower, really not sure what's up

How old are you? That absolutely sucks, the system is flawed if people like yourself, who get 8 distinctions aren't being offered anything. I mean, I'd understand if it was nursing you were after because of how competitive it is, but everything else should be open to you with those grades. I hope round two is kind to you man :-)

Its a balls. You literally need 8 distinctions to even be considered. I got 6 and nothing. I rang the college I wanted and they said to me no1 got offered anything from feetac, only the people who got 8 distinctions. I mean .. its not that bloody easy. I worked my ass off to get 6 ,, let alone get 8.

EVIL :D

• Advertisement

They're all around the mid 300 mark, if not lower, really not sure what's up

Somethings wrong then, ring to see if they made a mistake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭happyviolet

Just curious to know, is anyone on here actually considering doing another FETAC Level 5 course now or just try to apply for FETAC Level 6?

I'm 22, took a few years out until I decided to do a PLC last year, exactly that's what I was thinking.

Cheers pal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

I was up all night, dozed off at 5am and woke up at 7.30, i have a headache, im wrecked, and i can feel a cold coming on, runny nose etc, but i got my top 2 choices, im happy that my hard work paid off, im happy the system was fair to me, to those who didnt get in, over the next few weeks evaluate your situation, try a PLC or FAS course for example, dont give up, work hard and you will get there, HARD WORK DEDICATION, HARD WORK DEDICATION, HARD WORK DEDICATION, AND HARD WORK IS? EASY WORK!!!!

Its a balls. You literally need 8 distinctions to even be considered. I got 6 and nothing. I rang the college I wanted and they said to me no1 got offered anything from feetac, only the people who got 8 distinctions. I mean .. its not that bloody easy. I worked my ass off to get 6 ,, let alone get 8.

EVIL :D

I hear you man. I have friends who got eight distinctions and got nothing for nursing. Its true, you guys have to bust ur arses to get those distinctions. Apparently England have lots of openings though in nursing in colleges, so if ever in the future you'd be in a financial position to move there itd be an option. Though in this economy, where money is tight, its not a realistic one I'll admit. What will you do now? Take social care?

I'm 22, took a few years out until I decided to do a PLC last year, exactly that's what I was thinking.

Cheers pal :)

Good luck man let me know how it goes for you? Seriously feels like somebody has screwed you over though perhaps? No doubt about it, with your grades you SHOULD have gotten offers!

I hear you man. I have friends who got eight distinctions and got nothing for nursing. Its true, you guys have to bust ur arses to get those distinctions. Apparently England have lots of openings though in nursing in colleges, so if ever in the future you'd be in a financial position to move there itd be an option. Though in this economy, where money is tight, its not a realistic one I'll admit. What will you do now? Take social care?

EnglanD is the way to go, its just getting money go afford it, which a lot of people, like me cant. Well I will wait for the round two offers just incase. If I still dont get anything, Il do a level 6 FETAC in community development. Thats the follow on course from social studies. And i guess il see where that takes me :) What about you ?

Good luck man let me know how it goes for you? Seriously feels like somebody has screwed you over though perhaps? No doubt about it, with your grades you SHOULD have gotten offers!

I'll definitely report back into this thread after the round 2 offers come through :)

I'm nearly certain something must have gone wrong with my application, but I genuinely don't know what.

A few people who done the same course as me and got less distinctions got places in courses which I applied for :confused:

EnglanD is the way to go, its just getting money go afford it, which a lot of people, like me cant. Well I will wait for the round two offers just incase. If I still dont get anything, Il do a level 6 FETAC in community development. Thats the follow on course from social studies. And i guess il see where that takes me :) What about you ?

My dream choice was creative writing level 8 which only needed 295 points, I got 320 but didn't get it so I accepted my second choice a level 7 in community and youth work which needed 285. Polar opposites I know, right? But they're the two areas im interested in. Im 20 so I hope im not too young to be doing a course where I'll be helping youths haha! If you did a level 6 follow on it would definitely help you get that level 8 the following year id say. Though in this system, who the hell knows? I hope you get what you want though man :-)

• Advertisement

My dream choice was creative writing level 8 which only needed 295 points, I got 320 but didn't get it so I accepted my second choice a level 7 in community and youth work which needed 285. Polar opposites I know, right? But they're the two areas im interested in. Im 20 so I hope im not too young to be doing a course where I'll be helping youths haha! If you did a level 6 follow on it would definitely help you get that level 8 the following year id say. Though in this system, who the hell knows? I hope you get what you want though man :-)

its the course that might be best for u i hope it works out and best of luck :)

Advertisement