Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Got full 9 distinctions and trying to get into nursing.. Aaahhhh whats the chances :p the wait is awful, getting nervous though now about thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lems

Lads just to clarify.... If I accept say my 6th choice on the CAO on the first of August... I can still be offered my first choice, because alot of my college choices are IT's, and although I'm fairly confident I'll get my place in Blanch I just want to be sure :) I'm nearly so confident I think ill move before my place is given to me... Maybe I shouldn't jinx it though... :)

92Grainne1992

Yes if you accept an offer for your your sixth choice, you can still be considered for your first five choices in the following rounds.
    I asked the CAO offices this a week or two ago and thats pretty much what they said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

lems wrote: »
    92Grainne1992

Yes if you accept an offer for your your sixth choice, you can still be considered for your first five choices in the following rounds.
    I asked the CAO offices this a week or two ago and thats pretty much what they said :)

Thanks a mill what about getting offered a level 8 on thursday and then a level 7 in Round 1, can I still take the level 7 even though I've said yes to the level 8? I assume so... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lems

Thanks a mill what about getting offered a level 8 on thursday and then a level 7 in Round 1, can I still take the level 7 even though I've said yes to the level 8? I assume so... :)

Yup I'd say you can, in fact as far as I know you may even be offered both on the same day? I remember the first time I applied I was offered both on the same day!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 phil devlin

If this is your first time at this level (7/8) then you should be covered by the Free Fees Scheme. You should only have to pay the student contribution and any admin fees the college you want to go to has.

Have you tried applying to Susi to cover the student contribution?

Thanks for the reply. That's good news to hear and yes I have applied through susi but I know I will not get anything as my dad is self employed

• Advertisement

Oh god lads I'm getting so nervous debating which place I want now EEP x

As far as i know you can only accept a level 7 or level 8 so if you accept level 8 on thursday you can't accept level 7 in round 1 ... To still be able accept level 7 you would have to reject if you get an offer on thursday.. Not a 100% sure but think thats the way it works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

If theres 10 per cent allocated to fetac then it will be really hard get in anywhere, 20 place course, 2 places for fetac in the whole college for that particular course, i got 10 distinctions in my level 5 fetac and most likely il be put in the lottery thing they have, and then the other places filled with 17 year old school kids who will drop out when they find out how the real world works, its really a sickner

liam650 wrote: »
    If theres 10 per cent allocated to fetac then it will be really hard get in anywhere, 20 place course, 2 places for fetac in the whole college for that particular course, i got 10 distinctions in my level 5 fetac and most likely il be put in the lottery thing they have, and then the other places filled with 17 year old school kids who will drop out when they find out how the real world works, its really a sickner

It is really unfair... having been one of those 17 year olds in that position its not fair for people who are 100% about doing something in college... Hopefully you'll get your place, where have you applied to?

So true ! I just finished my fetac in may and about 90% of the ones that had just left school dropped out by february because they couldnt keep up with that workload :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

ive applied to LIT as my first choice and most of the other ITs in Munster and i have a level 6 plc interview just as a backup but theres a good chance il get in nowhere and that would be awful mentally, like at 17 i dont think there are many who are mature enough to do a degree, even when i was that age i was the same, wouldnt have had a hope, but now im 22 and ready and know il do well but its sad my name will be put into a hat and il be lucky if its picked

ive applied to LIT as my first choice and most of the other ITs in Munster and i have a level 6 plc interview just as a backup but theres a good chance il get in nowhere and that would be awful mentally, like at 17 i dont think there are many who are mature enough to do a degree, even when i was that age i was the same, wouldnt have had a hope, but now im 22 and ready and know il do well but its sad my name will be put into a hat and il be lucky if its picked

I wouldn't of even had a hope of what i wanted to do at that age. They should split the places evenly between mature/fetac/school leavers

Is Carlow IT on the Higher links or Pilor scheme? x

http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/documents/Prog_HEC_2011.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

Is Carlow IT on the Higher links or Pilor scheme? x

http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/documents/Prog_HEC_2011.pdf

The Pilot Scheme. So Round 1 and not Round 0. Just to be sure, have a look on Thursday. As I said earlier, this exact type of thread this time last year had lots of people saying they had offers from all over. So it's better to check rather than not bothering and then missing out on an offer!

The nerves are really starting to kick in now. About 35 hours left! :O

Didnt see Carlow on that pilot list haha whoops oh god im so scuuureddd :(

So so nervous !! :o anyone gonna check at 6:00a.m for offers or think its better just to wait till about ten in case the offers arent out at 6?? :) i wana check at 6 but dont either just in case i check and theres no offer but only because there delayed :p

I was pretty sure all fetac students get offers on round zero. That's what my college told me.

I was pretty sure all fetac students get offers on round zero. That's what my college told me.

Its only fetac students going for courses that have reserved places for fetac students that will get an offer in round zero :) i think...

Sinny2 wrote: »
    So so nervous !! :o anyone gonna check at 6:00a.m for offers or think its better just to wait till about ten in case the offers arent out at 6?? :) i wana check at 6 but dont either just in case i check and theres no offer but only because there delayed :p

Yah someone was saying they werent out till like 9 last year so dont be rushing and setting alarm clocks for 5:45am :P

Yah someone was saying they werent out till like 9 last year so dont be rushing and setting alarm clocks for 5:45am :P

I was so gonna do that :D but guess i shouldn't :p i'll try be patient and wait :D

• Advertisement

Its only fetac students going for courses that have reserved places for fetac students that will get an offer in round zero :) i think...

sure we will find out on Thursday anyway.

sure we will find out on Thursday anyway.

Defo no harm in checking anyway :)

The offers didn't come out until about half 9 last year judging by the "Fetac Offers 2012" thread on here. I'm going to just wait until I wake up naturally. If I get up at 6 and there's no offers I'll start panicking.

Im gona be so disappointed if i don't get an offer and thats most likely :/ best to wait so till round the 9 or 10 mark :)

Im gona be so disappointed if i don't get an offer and thats most likely :/ best to wait so till round the 9 or 10 mark :)

What are you hoping to do? :)

What are you hoping to do? :)

Nursing hopefully :) what are you hoping to do? :)

Nursing hopefully :) what are you hoping to do? :)

Something media related, hopefully in DCU.

Where are you hoping to do Nursing? :)

Something media related, hopefully in DCU.

Where are you hoping to do Nursing? :)

Ah deadly :D im hoping for DCU or WIT.. Id love UCD but its too expensive to live there. Id probably just commute if i got UCD :p

Ah deadly :D im hoping for DCU or WIT.. Id love UCD but its too expensive to live there. Id probably just commute if i got UCD :p

How far is the commute? Did you get the results you need?

• Advertisement

How far is the commute? Did you get the results you need?

Ah it would be just a little over an hr to UCD. I'm in north wexford :) yeah got 9 out of 9 distinctions so fingers crossed :) nursing is so competitive though :(

Advertisement