Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Edel666

Just curious to know, is anyone on here actually considering doing another FETAC Level 5 course now or just try to apply for FETAC Level 6?
    If i were you i'd apply for FETAC Lvl 6 coz you can still go to college with that too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

Edel666 wrote: »
    If i were you i'd apply for FETAC Lvl 6 coz you can still go to college with that too :)

its actually easier to progress from level 6 than apply with level 5 as its counted as the first yr of college depending on results

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Yellow121 wrote: »
    Yeah, nursing seems impossible to get into. The transfer thing would be sweet.
    Would applied social care help with nursing in the future? Maybe when you're there get friendly with the nursing lecturers, improve your chances for next year!

give them an oul wink or two ;);) dats plan E :p well see if i du level 7 i can still get grants and stuff for a level 8 if i got into nursing next yr where as if i started level 8 and got accepted into nursing next yr i would have to pay my way through first year again with no help :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keeponclimbing

horsebox09 wrote: »
    I'll definitely report back into this thread after the round 2 offers come through :)

I'm nearly certain something must have gone wrong with my application, but I genuinely don't know what.

A few people who done the same course as me and got less distinctions got places in courses which I applied for :confused:

They're off their heads at fetac man im telling you. I sent of three appeals three months ago and heard nothing from them. Wondering what was going on I rang them and complained. Sure enough two days later they corrected them. Apparently, they had "forgotten". Seriously, what a joke. I doubt they even looked at them and to top it all off even if my appeal had been successful they wouldn't have made it in time for round one offers I was told. Fetac...what can I say?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Sinny2 wrote: »
    give them an oul wink or two ;);) dats plan E :p well see if i du level 7 i can still get grants and stuff for a level 8 if i got into nursing next yr where as if i started level 8 and got accepted into nursing next yr i would have to pay my way through first year again with no help :p

A wink and a few short skirts and tight tops! Plan e sounds great. :D
    Oh yes, so level 7 it has to be if you want to do nursing next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

CAO all I can say is ........ Bitch don't kill my vibe.

Yellow121 wrote: »
    A wink and a few short skirts and tight tops! Plan e sounds great. :D
    Oh yes, so level 7 it has to be if you want to do nursing next year.

Well i can go with psychology id prefer that but then if i get into nursing i cant get grant or fees payed for me coz i will have already done yr 1 of a level 8 course :p might take a drive down to wit they have drop in clinics open for cao applicants for information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

I did my PLC in 2010, with the old scoring system i got 345 points, but I didnt get an offer today, so I rang the college (like it said to do on the letter) and they say my PLC is only worth 170 points :eek:
    with this new scoring system they're basically making my year spent doing the FETAC course worthless :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 colmdiniho

Hi guys,

So a week ago I received a re-check back which brought my results up to 5 distinctions. The course I want to do requires 5 distinctions but i didn't receive any offers today. I'm thinking that my re-check wasn't taken into account. Does anyone know who I could contact? Thanks in advance.

colmdiniho wrote: »
    Hi guys,

So a week ago I received a re-check back which brought my results up to 5 distinctions. The course I want to do requires 5 distinctions but i didn't receive any offers today. I'm thinking that my re-check wasn't taken into account. Does anyone know who I could contact? Thanks in advance.

Contact the college you applied to or the cao to make sure they had the results on file. It may say five but really you need the 8. Nursing says five but i didnt even get in with 9 and also the course may require the distinctions in certain modules to be considered .. Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

I was lucky enough to get offered both of my no.1 choices. Computer applications in dcu and computing (level 6) in nci.
    I'll be taking Computer Applications in dcu. (I was given the offer on the basis of mature grounds as this course has no fetac entry path.)

Nursing plan D is gone , transfers are restricted from all nursing courses! Jeeez talk about hard to get into :p

Sean1975 wrote: »
    its actually easier to progress from level 6 than apply with level 5 as its counted as the first yr of college depending on results
    Are you going to do Level 6 now?

Are you going to do Level 6 now?

no i am going straight into a lvl 8 from a level 5. I am one of the lucky mature students but i am thinking am i biting off more than i can chew as i am trying to sort susi grant and all and still don't know what the half of the stuff i need is yet.
    How i know is that carlow sent me out a form looking for past 3rd lvl experience and they have lvl 6 as an option and a friend of mine did nursing and she progress through a lvl 6

no i am going straight into a lvl 8 from a level 5. I am one of the lucky mature students but i am thinking am i biting off more than i can chew as i am trying to sort susi grant and all and still don't know what the half of the stuff i need is yet.
    How i know is that carlow sent me out a form looking for past 3rd lvl experience and they have lvl 6 as an option and a friend of mine did nursing and she progress through a lvl 6
    Oh right i got my Level 8 too :)

Oh right i got my Level 8 too :)

Yh I seen that its ur dream course :)

Yh I seen that its ur dream course :)
    Yep haha :)

Yep haha :)

Go u at least someone got good news today :)

Go u at least someone got good news today :)
    I thought you got an offer?

I thought you got an offer?

I did the beginning of August just reading all the comments today I meant

• Advertisement

Ohhhhhh :)

Ohhhhhh :)

Don't know why but I was awake at 6 to see what offers people got lol

Don't know why but I was awake at 6 to see what offers people got lol
    I got up round half 8 was afraid the website might crash at 6am

I got up round half 8 was afraid the website might crash at 6am

Ah but u woke to good news lol

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

As long as your FE centre has an agreement with the Institute of Technology and that you have the relevant minor programmes (modules). Be very careful of assuming all Level 6 awards are accepted. It is very much on a case by case basis and really is between the bigger FE centres in Dublin, Cork, Cavan, Galway, Limerick etc and the Institutes of Technology. So check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

They're off their heads at fetac man im telling you. I sent of three appeals three months ago and heard nothing from them. Wondering what was going on I rang them and complained. Sure enough two days later they corrected them. Apparently, they had "forgotten". Seriously, what a joke. I doubt they even looked at them and to top it all off even if my appeal had been successful they wouldn't have made it in time for round one offers I was told. Fetac...what can I say?

FETAC are not responsible for your appeals or corrections - it is your centre. FETAC would have notified the centre of your call and threaten them with a review of their QA agreement.

Ah but u woke to good news lol
    I know ya i was half afraid to look at my phone haha when i did i didn't see a message and i went online and accepted it. Where are you doing your course again is it Carlow?

Does anyone know as soon as you accept your offer when does the college contact you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ew121

Does anyone know as soon as you accept your offer when does the college contact you?

I was wandering the same thing, I accepted an offer on August 1st on round zero and still haven't heard anything yet. Prob depends on what college

• Advertisement

With the amount if offers going out it could be next week before u gear anything from ur college. But if u go I. Their website they will have information posted already under student links Carlow it have that's how I know

Advertisement