Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

English rugby club trials

• 23-07-2013 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi I was just wondering does anyone have any info on this, such as where I could contact the clubs and ask about trials or if you know of any open trials coming up.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

Hi,

Do you mean professional level clubs in Championship or the National Leagues? If so, your best getting a rugby CV together with a full breakdown of your experience, level played at etc and, if possible, a compilation of clips (I know that can be harder to sort though).

Once you've got that together, I'd say the best thing to do is to call all clubs and try get yourself a trial for a couple of weeks. It would most likely be at your cost though as these clubs aren't always flush; a lot of the clubs would be willing to give you a trial if your CV is strong but it may not be the most glamourous week or two of your life. If you're talking about teams below that level in regional leagues, again it's a case of giving them a call and discussing what they offer and what you can offer them.

Hope that's of some help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

the Exiles could be another route to look into if you are based over there

http://www.irishrugby.ie/exiles/about.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Advertisement