Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking Tap

Options
  • 23-07-2013 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi All,
    My friend is having a problem with a Leaking tap.
    Can these be repaired he has a motorhome so its not the standard household tap.
    Its a knues 01.
    Its the one in the batroom with the shower connection.

Comments

Crushed/perished rubber washer perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

Is it easy to replace one of these? Has anyone any experience of replacing rubber washers

Only in houses, dead easy if you turn the mains off, not so much if you don't.

It'll be fairly obvious once you get the valve hand grip off. Usually a plastic cap lifts off the top to give you access to the screw.

[Edit: that's for a tap ^. Shower extension? ...should screw off and is serviceable by leaving the bathroom tap(s) off, have you a photo/link?]

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

thanks very much for description should be a great help to my friend.dont have photo of problem tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Yes, most can be repaired, I do a few every month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement