Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guy riding with no helmet

• 23-07-2013 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Was sitting outside The Barge (pub) on Sunday and a bloke comes by on his scooter, and has a passenger. He stops at traffic lights while I scratch my head wondering why he's not wearing a helmet. He's in t-shirt and shorts, and looks totally unconcerned about being stopped...

Scooter was Vespa-like, and was pretty zippy. Oh, and the passenger WAS wearing a helmet...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Passenger probably wearing the driver's helmet. Still nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I'd agree with smcgiff's assumption. Impromptu passenger so he wanted them to be somewhat safe at least. I know I would do the same if for whatever reason I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO give someone a lift that had no gear. I can look out for myself. The passenger is relying on me the pilot to look out for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

guess what

tomorrow you gonna meet the driver in near by lidl showing off pictures..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

oh no...................not again..:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Bikerguy wrote: »
    guess what

tomorrow you gonna meet the driver in near by lidl showing off pictures..

I don't get it :D what am I missing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

rat_race wrote: »
    I don't get it :D what am I missing?

NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...THIS PLACE IS FAST BECOMING A HOLDING PEN FOR THE JERMEY KYLE SHOW

R A N T O V E R

:D

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...THIS PLACE IS FAST BECOMING A HOLDING PEN FOR THE JERMEY KYLE SHOW

R A N T O V E R

:D

TELL ME!!!!

TELL ME!!!!

Search.........Gloveless,T-Shirt,Shorts and Runners on a Fireblade..............be warned you might get sucked in.....:p

Search.........Gloveless,T-Shirt,Shorts and Runners on a Fireblade..............be warned you might get sucked in.....:p

Haha! Missed that thread...poor Paddy, didn't deserve the grilling! Wossack's medieval armor post had me in stitches! Funny stuff...

Had a few ATGATT (or not) conversations when I first go into biking, before realising how stupid/dangerous it is to express an opinion on it whether for or against! :D

Haha! Missed that thread...poor Paddy, didn't deserve the grilling! Wossack's medieval armor post had me in stitches! Funny stuff...

Had a few ATGATT (or not) conversations when I first go into biking, before realising how stupid/dangerous it is to express an opinion on it whether for or against! :D

A bit like .."Oasis or Blur"...........:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

His head...his decision...not for me

A bit like .."Oasis or Blur"...........:D

And which one of JEDWARD to kill if you only had one bullet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

And which one of JEDWARD to kill if you only had one bullet!

Line them up back to back & use hollow points...a two-fer...sorted ;):D

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Line them up back to back & use hollow points...a two-fer...sorted ;):D

Well you seem to know what you are taking about so leave you too it :eek:

:pac::pac::pac:

Well you seem to know what you are taking about so leave you too it :eek:

:pac::pac::pac:

A thread about how to assassinate Jedward. Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

A guy passed me on the road in front of Anglesea st Garda station on a BMW C1 (or similar) with no lid.

I was all like :confused:

Happened a couple of weeks ago, but i never posted it..mmob :rolleyes:...Guy on a blade ( yeah ..again) stopped at the lights in Bray, lid on his arm in full view of everyone ...came through the lights behind me and went into the Esso on the way into Bray....at the time i thought "lucky theres no cops around"... but also thinking "cheeky cnut"....never once thought janey thats a bit dangerous....:)

Another sunny day, binoculars at the ready!!!

A thread about how to assassinate Jedward. Nice.

Blends in with the other sh.it.e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

cantdecide wrote: »
    A guy passed me on the road in front of Anglesea st Garda station on a BMW C1 (or similar) with no lid.

C1 was designed to be used with no lid. Stupid that UK and Ireland didn't allow it. Germany is OTT on safety (TUV and all that, no puncture repairs allowed, no unapproved aftermarket parts etc.) but you can ride a C1 perfectly legally there with no lid.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

ninja900 wrote: »
    C1 was designed to be used with no lid. Stupid that UK and Ireland didn't allow it. Germany is OTT on safety (TUV and all that, no puncture repairs allowed, no unapproved aftermarket parts etc.) but you can ride a C1 perfectly legally there with no lid.

And its also where they make other BMW's............shudders.................:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

.at the time i thought "lucky theres no cops around"... but also thinking "cheeky cnut"....never once thought janey thats a bit dangerous....:)

To be fair, it's only an €80 fine and 2 penalty points, whereas no NCT on the car is a court appearance, fine and 5 penalty points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

cantdecide wrote: »

I was doing some training a couple of years ago and stopped in a town in Wicklow for some lunch. Was chatting to the instructor when I noticed someone go past the cop shop without a lid, it was an old lady on a Honda Cub. I'd say she did it every day.

For me ridding without a lid is like driving without a seatbelt on. I've only done them on private property and it always fells weird.

infacteh wrote: »
    To be fair, it's only an €80 fine and 2 penalty points, whereas no NCT on the car is a court appearance, fine and 5 penalty points!

Well then they should start visiting the shopping center car parks in Bray....NCT is an option.....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Del2005 wrote: »
    I was doing some training a couple of years ago and stopped in a town in Wicklow for some lunch. Was chatting to the instructor when I noticed someone go past the cop shop without a lid, it was an old lady on a Honda Cub. I'd say she did it every day.

For me ridding without a lid is like driving without a seatbelt on. I've only done them on private property and it always fells weird.

For years there was an old-timer in Cork that wore a gloss black painted builders' hard hat as a lid.

Advertisement