Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Living in Melbourne/Adelaide/Sydney

Options
  • 23-07-2013 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Im wondering what the cost of living would be like for an small family working in Melbourne/Adelaide/Sydney/brisbane/ living in the suberbs earning 1500 a week Aussie Dollers as factory workers.

I Have metal fabrication experience on a cnc punch machine and have stores / forktruck experience.And have worked in factorys for years .
    My wife is a full austrailian citizen.
    Earning 1500 a week Aussie Dollers as factory workers.
    Allowing 500 dollers a week for rent what kind of lifestyle could we expect?

Would we have money at the end of the working week for savings?

I know this is a bit how long is a piece of string but trying to do a bit of research.
    Thanks in advance .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

camper guy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Im wondering what the cost of living would be like for an small family working in Melbourne/Adelaide/Sydney/brisbane/ living in the suberbs earning 1500 a week Aussie Dollers as factory workers.

I Have metal fabrication experience on a cnc punch machine and have stores / forktruck experience.And have worked in factorys for years .
    My wife is a full austrailian citizen.
    Earning 1500 a week Aussie Dollers as factory workers.
    Allowing 500 dollers a week for rent what kind of lifestyle could we expect?

Would we have money at the end of the working week for savings?

I know this is a bit how long is a piece of string but trying to do a bit of research.
    Thanks in advance .

In order to give a more accurate answer the following questions need to be answered.

do you have kids?
    is your wife going to work?
    will you buy a car?
    will you buy two cars?
    what do you do for fun on a regular basis? are you a pub couple or a skydiving couple ? i.e we eat out a once a week go to the pub friday night and catch a movie on a wednesday and go to the gym 4 times a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

Hi Dano Troy,
    We have one fifteen year old Boy, this could be a preemptive strike to keep us all together.
    AS i believe he will have to emigrate.
    My wife will also work,
    we will have a car.
    Like a few pints at the weekend And go camping for the summer months.

(we eat out a once a week go to the pub friday night and catch a movie on a wednesday and go to the gym 4 times a week.)
    Would like a piece of that for a lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

camper guy wrote: »
    Hi Dano Troy,
    We have one fifteen year old Boy, this could be a preemptive strike to keep us all together.
    AS i believe he will have to emigrate.
    My wife will also work,
    we will have a car.
    Like a few pints at the weekend And go camping for the summer months.

(we eat out a once a week go to the pub friday night and catch a movie on a wednesday and go to the gym 4 times a week.)
    Would like a piece of that for a lifestyle.

Sorry in my haste I have forgotten how bad it is at home.

I do not have any of the commitments that you have listed above, I am a 26 year old male with no kids. Other posters on here may be able to help you now that they have more information.

Camping is great here! all the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

$1500 per week is just above the average wage, taking into consideration your wife will also be working and that your wife (and I assume your son) are Aus Citizens then you should do alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

have a look through this site, gives an idea of the cost of living for various cities:
    http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Australia&city=Sydney

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Camper you will be fine!

If you want to live in aid you will make it work.

Advertisement