Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carl Froch vs George Groves

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Shut the f*ck up Froch. You got a beating, and you can't talk your way out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Froch knows how lucky he was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Paully D wrote: »
    3. Sky Sports will reap the benefits of a rematch.

I don't think they can with the inevitable public backlash from this. It would not surprise me if Froch retires too, age has caught up on him, his popularity will be destroyed after this and he has made decent money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Carl shut up your punchdrunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

DuckHook wrote: »
    Howard foster has no business reffing a title fight, froch punching on the break for seven rounds and no points off. First time froch wobbled him he was in.

Froch sounds like a moron here, got battered and the ref saved him and the sky money machine.

+1 That ref was a complete gob****e, worst ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Froch will get his arse handed to him the next time he boxes outside of the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Froch used his lifes supply of get out of jail Cards tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Jesus Froch is some clown. The bad decision aside, he really doesn't look good coming out of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Froch just can't let it go can he?
    Still on about the pre fight badmouthing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭hungry hippo 4

well done froch, the knockout was always going to come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

No chance in hell Froch will take a rematch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Compu Global Hyper Meganet

I don't think they can with the inevitable public backlash from this. It would not surprise me if Froch retires too, age has caught up on him, his popularity will be destroyed after this and he has made decent money.

This was a great fight. The decision was awful, but the action was sublime. If anything a rematch would be far more lucrative than this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

What is Froch saying? Turned off my stream. Absolutely sickened by it, had backed Groves.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭singlesnights

Froch is angry because everything Groves did everything he said he would do leading up to the fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Froch being told to call for rematch to stop the booing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Froch truely is a disgusting character, Groves was well up on the cards and that was robbery. That ref should never be left near a title match again, I mean talk about some serious protection for the Champion.

Worst decision I've seen in a long time, George was ****ed over big time, feel so sorry for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Absolutely gutted for Groves. He is world class, at 10 times the boxer Froch is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Good man Groves, you can see he's a good kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Feel like I'm back in primary school and we're getting a class telling off by our teacher. Froch just shut up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Eddie hearn is rubbing his hands together.

Worse than Burns Beltran. Total bollox. Ref ****ed up. Good I hate this sort sometimes. That sort of stuff never happens in UFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

On the bright side it should end Sky PPV boxing for a good while.
    Don't understand this? There will be a rematch and it will be on PPV again. And MORE people will buy it next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Groves gets loudly booed into the ring and is cheered wildly leaving it. It's a funny old game.:D

Happiest man in the arena is Eddie Hearn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Don't really get the Froch bashing. The guy is made of granite. Took everything Groves had and was still there swinging enough to get in a position to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

SRFC wrote: »
    All these paper views are fixed lads dont pay and contribute to their pockets.

I nearly choked on my tea there!...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Eddie Hearn

"No one expected George to do what he did"

and then the next line

"We all knew how good George is"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Froch is angry because everything Groves did everything he said he would do leading up to the fight!

Except he gradually went off his gameplan as the rounds went on and got dragged into a war.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Groves would have walked the fight with Booth..He went a little toe to toe with Froch..But still disgraceful.Groves was brilliant won ever round except one possibly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

All a fix and all about the money,that ref was paid.
    Rematch I won't be watching,fooking disgrace.
    Worst than football now with ££££££££

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Eddie hearn is rubbing his hands together.

Worse than Burns Beltran. Total bollox. Ref ****ed up. Good I hate this sort sometimes. That sort of stuff never happens in UFC

You mustnt of watched Gsp and Hendricks last weekend in the ufc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Hugh respect for groves.my 5% respect as a fighter for Froch is gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Any fighter that puts what groves did into that fight deserved to be let lose on the canvas not on his feet. Disgraceful by the referee. If he thought he was hurt he could have gave him a standing count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Whatever about the terrible stoppage we shouldn't forget the scoring? Two judges only had Groves up one round. That is scandalous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Felexicon

What an absolute shít show. Ref should have given Groves more time. There will be a rematch no doubt. It will be a big purse for both fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Whatever about the terrible stoppage we shouldn't forget the scoring? Two judges only had Groves up one round. That is scandalous.

Ya they seem to be forgetting about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Good to see that corruption lives on in professional sport! No wonder boxing has become a laughing stock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Johner wrote: »
    Absolutely gutted for Groves. He is world class, at 10 times the boxer Froch is.
    Ah now here. You are wrong on this one

Scoring in boxing at the moment is beyond baffling. I'm a Froch fan and had him only winning 3 rounds to that point. To have Froch only a point behind despite losing a round 10-8 is disgraceful

I agree groves was 4-5 rds up but he was not lasting the 12 tonight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If Groves and his handlers have any sense, they will make Froch bide his time for a rematch. He's 36 & plodding. He'll need a walking frame when he's 38. His stated aim is to have another big money world tilt so as to put his pension in the bank and still have enough to live well. It will take him a good 6 months to recover from tonight. And another 3-4 months to build up for the money-spinner.If he gets beat, he will retire. If he wins, he'll have his work cut out to have a succesful defence against a much younger Groves.

My 2 cents.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Don't really get the Froch bashing. The guy is made of granite. Took everything Groves had and was still there swinging enough to get in a position to win.

Lol if it was the other way round you wouldn't be saying this. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I think Froch might actually believe the bollocks he spouted.

shown up as a very average boxer, but with a chin of granite.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

The ref definitely had money on that fight, Groves is my new hero, I had respect for Froch before the fight but listening to him after the fight he's a complete disgrace, an a**hole of the highest order. There won't be a rematch as Froch will retire before that as he knows he won't win again, plus he's lost most of his fans, me included. Disgraceful.
    Doesn't it make ya angry. :mad::mad::mad:
    I'm going rapping my hands in toilet roll and the wife's big teddy is gonna get it, something has to pay :)

Scoring in boxing at the moment is beyond baffling. I'm a Froch fan and had him only winning 3 rounds to that point. To have Froch only a point behind despite losing a round 10-8 is disgraceful

Giving Froch 3 rounds is bad enough.He won 1 round. It was 7-1 Groves.

That means you had it 77-74?? (only 1 round from what the two dodgy judges had it...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

SRFC wrote: »
    You mustnt of watched Gsp and Hendricks last weekend in the ufc.

I did actually. F uck I forgot it though. It's rarer in UFC. Last week was a disgrace. Judges were terrible.

Although the judges tonight were just as bad. They had it with froch just Behind by two Rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

also, I don't get how some people are only now realising what type of character Froch is.

I'd have thought it's always been quite obvious how odious he is.

Johner wrote: »
    Lol if it was the other way round you wouldn't be saying this. :rolleyes:

How do you mean. The guy took everything Groves had. I'm a Froch fan (no money on the fight) & Groves surprised me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Just looking at it now - can't believe that by the ref. Never seen anything like it.

How do you mean. The guy took everything Groves had. I'm a Froch fan (no money on the fight) & Groves surprised me

Why was Froch allowed to continue in the first if Groves wasn't in the 9th? The ref was a biased prick. Groves wasn't given a chance to take everything Froch gave.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭hungry hippo 4

If Groves and his handlers have any sense, they will make Froch bide his time for a rematch. He's 36 & plodding. He'll need a walking frame when he's 38. His stated aim is to have another big money world tilt so as to put his pension in the bank and still have enough to live well. It will take him a good 6 months to recover from tonight. And another 3-4 months to build up for the money-spinner.If he gets beat, he will retire. If he wins, he'll have his work cut out to have a succesful defence against a much younger Groves.

My 2 cents.

Froch won! He is the champ so he will dictate when and if they fight again. I know many don't like Froch but he had nothing to do with the judges and ref. He took everything groves could give and kept fighting. He won't fight Groves again! He will take those belts and get a payday! At his age can you blame him?

Advertisement