Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really good ribs

Options
  • 23-07-2013 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Guys I'm looking for a really tasty ribs recipe and a good method for cooking em. Doesn't necassarily need to be BBQ just something nice.... Last time i made them I simmered them in a home made maranade and then finished in the oven. They were as tender as I would have liked and they were seriously salty...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Did you use pork ribs or bacon ribs? Bacon ribs would be salty....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

On checking the packet they are actually lamb ribs!!! They were on special in dunnes :-/ I don't even like lamb! At least they won't be salty

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This is the recipe I use when making ribs. Really sticky and tasty and the meat falls off the bones. I leave out the peppercorns.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

I do them with a dry rub (brown sugar, smoked paprika, celery salt, mustard powder, cumin, black pepper and garlic powder) at about 160 in a fan oven, wrapped in tin foil, for two hours. I finish them on the grill for 30 minutes or so with barbecue sauce brushed on repeatedly to caramelise them. The added bonus with this method is largely doing it ahead of time.

The quality of the rib is pretty important - I buy mine in FX Buckley's on Moore Street in Dublin and they're the best I've found in seven years of searching. They're belly ribs, they're huge and delicious and they cost €7.99 a kilo. I've never seen decent baby backs here.

Advertisement