Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My eFibre Nightmare continues

Options
  • 23-07-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Previously on my nightmare with Eircom..
    http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/An-absolute-disgrace-My-story-with-Eircom-broadband/td-p/37378

On Friday I got a phone call from a rep at Eircom saying that basically it was his fault that my order was botched and he would be dealing with it from now on. He assured me that I would get a call yesterday and that a technician would be out to fix Eircom's mess this week. As of right now, no phone call has been received and I'm now over 2 weeks without any internet whatsoever.  This has been going on now for nearly 3 months and when I rang Eircom a few minutes ago I was told it could take 3-4 days for someone to get back to me. Since the start of May callbacks have been promised many times and in the end, I'm the one who makes the call over and over.

My case has been escalated so many times I feel I should be on the top floor by now. There appears to be a total lack of communication between the various departments. I've been told numerous times that 'notes' have been put on my account, to fast track it, to escalate it, to alert the relevant people, etc. and yet each time I ring the person I'm speaking to has no knowledge of my situation. I also have to give my email address each time for a customer survey which I have never received. I would LOVE to get one of these but I wonder why I haven't?

All I want is a technician to finish the job that was meant to be done two weeks ago. I will be posting this to boards, facebook and anywhere else it will get noticed. I have also warned everyone I know to avoid this service like the plague as it's been nothing but hassle. Unless I hear something definitive by 4:30 today I will be ringing Comreg and my local paper letting them run with it. I'm fed up with this nonsense.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/An-absolute-disgrace-My-story-with-Eircom-broadband/td-p/37378

On Friday I got a phone call from a rep at Eircom saying that basically it was his fault that my order was botched and he would be dealing with it from now on. He assured me that I would get a call yesterday and that a technician would be out to fix Eircom's mess this week. As of right now, no phone call has been received and I'm now over 2 weeks without any internet whatsoever.  This has been going on now for nearly 3 months and when I rang Eircom a few minutes ago I was told it could take 3-4 days for someone to get back to me. Since the start of May callbacks have been promised many times and in the end, I'm the one who makes the call over and over.

My case has been escalated so many times I feel I should be on the top floor by now. There appears to be a total lack of communication between the various departments. I've been told numerous times that 'notes' have been put on my account, to fast track it, to escalate it, to alert the relevant people, etc. and yet each time I ring the person I'm speaking to has no knowledge of my situation. I also have to give my email address each time for a customer survey which I have never received. I would LOVE to get one of these but I wonder why I haven't?

All I want is a technician to finish the job that was meant to be done two weeks ago. I will be posting this to boards, facebook and anywhere else it will get noticed. I have also warned everyone I know to avoid this service like the plague as it's been nothing but hassle. Unless I hear something definitive by 4:30 today I will be ringing Comreg and my local paper letting them run with it. I'm fed up with this nonsense.

Hi Jukebox Jim

Just updating the thread as per your posts on the eircom forum. I have made the ongoing issues very clear to managers in support and advised them you are going to contact the regulator.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

dont feel left out as of now ive contacted comreg of my e fibre service.was mis sold a service my line could never get.signed up for 50mb on the 28th of june..things were fine was getting 34mb that wekend on monday noticed amber light on modem and checked speed and guess what im only getting 15mb at best.im like u ive rang and rang and was hold for over 40 mins today explaing to 4 different departments about my problem and 1 woman in complainta department decided to put me thru to a dead number which i let ring out for 11 mins.....good customer service eircom.this is what i have now..i had 3 techincinas out and head of tecknichans from eircom ennis and he said i was sold a package i cud not get so he said ring them to get u eircom to alter my bill as 50 euro a month for that is a rip off..sort it please.im comreg informed of this too as ur customer service agents are clueless to peoples problems every time they ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jukebox Jim

I feel your pain alanhiggyno1! I certainly don't feel left out after reading your post, they've treated you disgracefully! I've had that 11 minute call to nowhere too, the worst is when you're transferred 6-7 times and then they disconnect you! I was one the phone again today after being promised a call back that never came. I'm sure if we owed them money it would be a different story!

18 days now with no internet service and my phone is starting to lose interest in tethering for me. Eircom's policy just seems to be 'get them in, get them paying and then whatever happens thats alright..' It's shocking stuff, they also tried to sting me with a bill for 72 euro this week when since I've joined with them I've had phone service since the start but broadband for only 4 days! Also the majority of my calls are to Eircom! I remember being with Irish Broadband back in the day and thinking there can't be worse than this out there.. How wrong I was!!

Advertisement