Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Dies After Being Stabbed In Ennis

• 23-07-2013 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/investigation-underway-after-man-stabbed-during-row-at-party-29441585.html
    Gardai believe the victim – a Polish national - was stabbed by a traveller who had just arrived at the party 15 minutes beforehand.

The violent incident occurred at 1am this morning and the injured man died while being rushed to hospital.

The victim has been named locally as Piotr Nowakowski and while investigations are at an early stage, it is believed he was stabbed twice.

http://clare.fm/news/gardai-investigate-ennis-stabbing
    Gardai are investigating after a man was killed in a knife attack in Ennis.

The alarm was raised at around 1 o'clock this morning when the 31 year old victim - believed to a Polish national was stabbed in the Sandfield Mews estate - which is located opposite Ennis General Hospital.
    He was rushed to Shannon Airport - so he could be airlifted to Cork University Hospital for emergency surgery but died on route - A postmortum is due to be carried out in Limerick later today.

I don't know what the bigger tragedy is here. Mod Snip or the fact he died because even though he was mere metres away from a hospital, they had to try and take him halfway across the country to Cork due to budget cuts.

Sad, that the government in Ireland has failed on so many levels for this to happen here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Its ridiculous that if something serious happens to you between 8pm and 8am you have to travel to Limerick at the very least

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 makat2

I knew him :(Mod snip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

known to local law enforcement who get away with everything up to murder

I'm not sure "getting away with everything" is a fair statement, I'm not sure how much I can comment here as this is a pending legal case, but I think u are wrong and it's a matter of public record

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

This is an ongoing legal case so we can't discuss anything to do with the crime/act/motive here, you all know this by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Its ridiculous that if something serious happens to you between 8pm and 8am you have to travel to Limerick at the very least

Looks like you may have missed this recent news:

Thursday, 04 July 2013 CLARE patients will only be able to get treatment for minor injuries and non-life threatening medical illnesses at Ennis hospital from next week.
    http://www.clarechampion.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14768:new-local-injuries-unit-open-at-ennis-hospital&catid=43:health&Itemid=60

So if something serious happens to you at any time in Ennis you'll be travelling elsewhere for treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Very sad to see this happening and doesn't put Ennis in a great shape either. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Two men charged in Clare stabbing inquiry
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0724/464364-piotr-nowakowski-ennis/

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

I think its on public record now who have been charged. I am sick to my eye teeth of these people ruining this
    town and its my hard earned tax that pay for their lifestyles . When will the people of Ennis stand up these scum
    I am sick of them I see them every day I just give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

<Mod snip>

When will the prospect of prison be so unpalatable that people will opt to stay on the straight and narrow rather than risk going back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Please refrain from making comments about the two people who have been charged in this case. I'm sure no one wants to prejudice any trial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

No I want prejudice any case . But just read the court cases in the local papers
    and it's the same names from the same
    Tribe from the group who we can not name in case we hurt their feelings. I
    have it on record how I had to leave a
    huose due to one of these families been
    put in along side me. The ioraney was
    that I went to work every morning while
    my hard earned taxes paid for their house and Sky tv and of course the untaxed car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

blowin3 wrote: »
    the group who we can not name in case we hurt their feelings.

Mod Warning

This has absolutely nothing to do with hurting people's feelings. Boards.ie and all media outlets have a duty to abide by the law or they could be held in contempt of court for prejudicing a case.

In the past, defendants have successfully claimed that they wouldn't get a fair trial because of inappropriate or negative prejudicial comments. One such case involved Mary Harney.
    Ms Harney's assertion that Mr Haughey should be jailed for his use of political office to gather cash for himself will be seized upon by the former Taoiseach's lawyers in the Circuit Criminal Court this week to support their claim that he cannot receive a fair trial.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/cjh-trial-prejudiced-by-harneys-jail-call-26254819.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

blowin3 wrote: »
    I think its on public record now who have been charged. I am sick to my eye teeth of these people ruining this
    town and its my hard earned tax that pay for their lifestyles . When will the people of Ennis stand up these scum
    I am sick of them I see them every day I just give up.

due respects to mods(and i understand ye have to mind the p,s and q,s) we cannot turn a corner in this county until we can call a spade a spade , and not a shovel!there is a common denominator here:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Mod Warning
    In the past, defendants have successfully claimed that they wouldn't get a fair trial because of inappropriate or negative prejudicial comments. One such case involved Mary Harney.

Thank you. That is the most enlightening explanation for not mentioning known people and their crimes while there is an ongoing investigation.

Usually I would say name and shame (which is to my knowledge unique in Ireland, even with full address) - not that I approve of it in general if it's about minor cases.
    And usually I would love to discuss these people because I want to know what's going on and by whom.

But if the Irish criminal law (which would be another discussion, though not in this thread and probably not in this forum) means that thugs (or Mary Harney :pac:) could get away with whatever crime or misdemeanor because they were discussed in a public domain. so I'd rather shut up and let the judges do their thing. Not that I have any trust in judges, considering the lenient sentences for proven criminals they usually pass ...

But as I said, that's another discussion. As is the law as such that enables such people to use open and democratic discussions to claim unfairness. Which really baffles me.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Igor2155

Give Gardai oficers a GUN , change the law in major section when they HAVE TO use a gun. It doesn't stop the murders but it defo little bit prevent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you want to discuss the rights of debate in Irish society there is a forum, if you want to discuss the rights of a group of people, there is a forum, if you want to discuss a multitude of events, there is a forum. I can't see a reason to keep this forum open as it is discussing an ongoing legal discussion.

If you don't agree with the closure, feel free to debate that in the relevant forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement