Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPI CLAIM HELP

Options
  • 23-07-2013 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

Can anyone help me please? I am trying to claim back ppi however, MBNA have said that they investigated it and I am not entitled to any refund. I definitely paid ppi though. I don't want to go through the companies that are taking 25-30% of the refund however I'm not sure where to go from here. Has anyone else claimed it back without the help of these companies and if so can you tell me how you did it?

Cheers
    Annie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

AnnieLove wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone help me please? I am trying to claim back ppi however, MBNA have said that they investigated it and I am not entitled to any refund. I definitely paid ppi though. I don't want to go through the companies that are taking 25-30% of the refund however I'm not sure where to go from here. Has anyone else claimed it back without the help of these companies and if so can you tell me how you did it?

Cheers
    Annie

Just because you paid it doesnt mean you can get it back. On what grounds are you seeking a refund? Or is there a reason you feel you were missold the policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AnnieLove

I was led to believe I had to take it out to get the card.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

AnnieLove wrote: »
    Hi

Cheers
    Annie

MBNA/Avantcard said I am not entitled to a refund either! I received a letter today which said that basically it was up to me to check if it was right for me and I had a 30 day cooling off period and I didn't cancel it within that time.
    They claim on the letter that I was told over the phone when I applied that it was optional. Firstly, I didn't apply for the card over the phone, and I know the PPI is optional, but they still sold it to me despite it not being the right product for me!
    The ended the letter saying it was their final response in the matter! So I have passed it onto the Financial ombudsman now!
    Their letter was so badly written too, they worded it as if I was asking for this refund on behalf of a client!

They don't seem to want to take any responsibility for this!

Advertisement