Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost crayfish problem

Options
  • 23-07-2013 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, there is something wrong going on with my ghost crayfish, tried to find anything about it online but no luck so far, and I hope that someone here may be able to help... :)

I have the crayfish for about 9 months now, it lives in my community tank and is not really bothered by other fish. It eats whatever is left by other fish, some flakes, blood worms, pleco wafers and prawns. A couple of weeks ago I noticed some black spots on its claws, now they developed to pretty big spots and holes on its entire body and claws started to brake apart :/ The behavior didn't change, it's still eating and marching around the tank, water parameters are perfectly fine and I do small water changes every week (I check the parameters with the API test kit). Another thing is that it hasn't molt in months, I don't know how frequently they should molt as adults, but when it was smaller it was molting every week, can this be a problem? I think the last time was 4-5 months ago.

If anyone can help I'd be really happy :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Don't know if you have the problem sorted, but I'd say you have soft water, hence the holes in the claws and difficulty to molt. Have your water tested for hardness.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 happyturtle

Hi, thanks for the answer :) will check the water for hardness tomorrow, hopefully that's the problem and I can easily fix it :)

Advertisement