Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving instructors

Options
  • 23-07-2013 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Hi looking for some recommendations for driving lessons in or around ballymote area.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ohap2

Ronan Donnelly in Collooney is very good. My son passed the test first time with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Martin Cunningham from Calry. Used to be a guard, he's very good. Myself and my two sisters passed first time out with him and they are abysmal. Sound guy too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Taylor from out near drumfin actually does lessons in Ballymote, he used to always have a small red corsa. Its a long time (:O) since I did my test but I used him and he was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Slidey wrote: »
    Taylor from out near drumfin actually does lessons in Ballymote, he used to always have a small red corsa. Its a long time (:O) since I did my test but I used him and he was very good.

I went to Sydney Taylor as well, found him fantastic, would definitely recommend him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Thanks for the replies, the only one I heard bad recommendations was for Taylor!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Slidey wrote: »
    Tlachtga wrote: »
    I went to Sydney Taylor as well, found him fantastic, would definitely recommend him!

I done my driving test last May, I got a few lessons with Sydney and one with olive and passed first time. :) I couldn't recommend the Taylors enough.:)

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, the only one I heard bad recommendations was for Taylor!

Why was that?

Hi was just told that the quality wasn't good, sometimes you wouldn't get the full time you paid for and they would say you needed more lessons than you actually needed so you pay more

Hi was just told that the quality wasn't good, sometimes you wouldn't get the full time you paid for and they would say you needed more lessons than you actually needed so you pay more

I payed 30 for 1 hour and 15 min per lesson and was always given value for money. As I improved the Taylors told me that I didn't need as much lessons as I thought. But then my progress stated too slip slightly so I was advised to get some more which really helped me. I'm going to be honest, your above statement is unfair and could damage the taylors reputation as driving instructors.

You were the one who asked me to explain the bad recommendations or Taylor's, I wrote what I was told, now your not happy with it and afraid I'm going to ruin their business????

• Advertisement

You were the one who asked me to explain the bad recommendations or Taylor's, I wrote what I was told, now your not happy with it and afraid I'm going to ruin their business????

It's just the way it read...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Driving instructors are a bit like Doctors or Lawyers, people will give a good or bad report depending on their results.
    Bad reports generally tend to be given when someone fails having thought they'd pass, despite the instructor maybe knowing full well they weren't good enough!
    You're as well ring someone in the phone book and see how you get on with them. Everybody is different.

Yeah was going to book in bulk to get a bit of a discount but thinking that's not the best idea now

Advertisement