Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delusions of ability - sub 2:50 Frankfurt or bust

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Best of luck with you training, I'll be following your log and progress with interest.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Just to be clear, you may live near me, but I had no hand,act or part in you having a sore bum.

Yeah but the tabloids will never believe it. We'll just have to ride this one out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

cianc wrote: »
    We'll just have to ride this one out.

there you go again..........

Thursday 13th - cautious 45m on the elliptical trainer - posterior more or less fine, time to chance a run again!
    Friday 14th - 6.1M @7:48 - gently does it. Mostly fine, but a few niggles and stabby pains in the top right glute that came and went until the last two miles. Cautiously optimistic, but a bit of ibuprofen and icing afterwards just in case.
    Saturday 15th 6.3M @7:45 - felt a bit stiff this morning, and worried that things weren't right, but turned out to be a better run than yesterday. Hardly any niggles, and right glute only acting up for the first mile or so. Happy days! Ibuprofen and ice because I'm superstitious in my own ways.
    Sunday 16th 10M @7:51 - wee, looks like the bum problems are licked, eewwww :eek: No stiffness, just a definite lack of fitness and miles in the legs, time to get busy again :)

Just another boring week on the road back to fitness. All done after 8pm due to work.

Tuesday - 6.2M @7:46
    Wednesday - 6.1M @7:44
    Thursday - 6M @7:34 (after a ****ty day in work, just what the doctor ordered)
    Saturday - 6.9M @7:38
    Sunday - 10M @7:43

Very excited about next week :) Bump to 42M, 6 days, and even some strides!

Another couple of weeks of being boringsensible and slowly increasing mileage. God I'd love a bit of speed work (words that have never crossed my lips before).

Monday 24th - 6M@7:36, at lunchtime with STRIDES. ACTUAL STRIDES. Something faster than easy pace. First time in a long time. Made my day.

Tuesday 25th - 7.1M@7:47, run to work with backpack, lots of headwind.

Wednesday 26th - 5.1M@7:35, lunchtime run with strides.

Friday 28th - 6.2M@7:38 - lovely lunchtime run in the sunshine out to east wall.

Saturday 1st - Malahide park run 5km in 18:55 - blurgh, lack of fitness can't be denied. I lost about 15s in the last 400m trying to hold in the puke. No real surprise, the aim was to put down a marker, and I'll definitely be taking chunks out of this as the year progresses. Still, the ego took a battering.
    4.4M@7:47 in the evening to stretch the legs.

Sunday 2nd - 12.1M@7:46, longest run since DCM, hurray.

Monday 3rd - 6.1M@7:47, just another plod.

Tuesday 4th - 7.3M@7:54, run to work with backpack.

Wednesday 5th - 5.1M@7:38, lunchtime with strides. Really liking these lunchtime runs, going to become a regular fixture I think.

Thursday 6th - 7.4M@7:44, run to work with backpack. Felt strong, hopefully this is the body starting to get the message.

Saturday 8th - 5.2M@7:33, with strides.

Sunday 9th - 12.1M@7:43, first run of the year on the PPark trails, wasn't a mudbath, spring is definitely here :D

So that's two weeks of 43/44 miles with the introduction of strides. The plan is for another week of the same, then bumping mileage to the mid 50s. After that some speed work starts appearing and mileage grows more slowly. It's a struggle to keep the miles and pace down as the fitness comes back. This week in particular reminded me of pre-DCM taper. Have to keep reminding myself of the many stupid injuries due to stupidity over the years :o

Oh yes, booked my flights for Frankfurt marathon in October, the "main thing" :)

Another solid 43M week. Next week I get to bump it to the mid 50s. Carrying a bit of a niggle in the right knee. Not sure what to do about it if anything. It twinges going up/down stairs, but I barely notice it when running. Any recommendations for sites that talk about knee problems beyond the standard runners knee/ITB gratefully received.

Monday - 6.2M @7:39 - Nice lunchtime run in the bit of sunshine. Right leg behind the knee and to the outer side feeling a little creaky. Blaming yesterdays LSR on the trails. Took Tuesday off to see if it helps.

Wednesday - 6.3M @7:50 - In Zurich for the day with work. Did the easy thing and followed the river. Typically I only found what looked like a promising running spot at the turn around point. I'll be back.

Thursday - 6.1M @7:33 - Nothing interesting, stretching the legs after the flight home. Funny story, I was a day late home due to my inability to read a Swiss train timetable. Took an unexpected detour to Bern when heading for the airport :-/

Friday - 7.6M @7:43 - Commute with backpack. Knee still at me during the day, but still fine during the runs.

Sat - 5.2 @7:35 - snoozefest.

Sun - 12.1M @7:42 on the trails. Knee fine during the run. Met Mrs C and the kids in the PPark visitor's centre playground after this. Stupid me forgot to ask herself to bring a jacket along. Once I cooled down, nearly froze my extremities off waiting for the kids to get tired :) Life giving coffee and warm scones afterwards.

Bah, updating the log is a chore these days. A whole lot of nothing to report, hopefully that's going to change soon.

The niggle in the right knee just wasn't shifting, so decided to give it a few days off and saw the physio on Friday 21st when it didn't get better on its own. Turns out I had some damage/inflammation to the outside cartilage and the "lateral collateral ligament" (Gilbert&Sullivan anatomy if ever I heard it). Best I can figure is that I gave it a twist on the PP trails a couple of weeks ago and didn't notice at the time. A few more days off and I started alternating the cross trainer and running:

Mon 24th - 55m cross-trainer
    Tue 25th - 55m cross-trainer
    Wed 26th - 6.1M @7:42 - felt OK, but sssshh, don't tell my physio, wasn't supposed to be running yet.
    Thu 27th - 55m cross-trainer - Physio says I'm good to go, but ease back in to things and stick to boring terrain. Yes sir!
    Fri 28th - 5.42M@7:42 - Successful boring lunchtime run.
    Sat 29th - 6.2M @7:40 - More of the same but in the evening.
    Sun 30th - 7M @7:39 - Even more of the same. New shoe time! Picked up a pair of Mizuno Hitogami since they're the closest thing to the Wave Ronin, which were the closest thing to the Musha before them. I got them in black because Mrs C made some disparaging remarks about me looking like a rapper in the white ones :(
    Mon 31st - 53m cross-trainer - nothing wrong with the knee, but it was due to be a no-run day, and I felt like getting something done. Roll on higher mileage and no more faffing around with exercise machines.
    Tues 1st - 6M @7:37 - blah blah blah, all very boring, though my calves felt like someone had taken a stick to them afterwards. New shoes maybe?
    Wed 2nd- 6.2M @7:30 - lovely lunchtime run in the rain, no work, no thinking, no stress, just running.
    Thu 3rd - 12.2 @7:37 - Ugh, had to do this at 9pm. Got myself out the door with a promise that it was "only going to be 6M'. I can't believe I keep falling for my lies like that :) Calves felt weirdly crampy a few times, and the forefeet a bit battered. Examining at the specs, the Hitogami are less padded than the Ronin's. Looks like I'm paying for ditching the Mushas and getting soft. Hopefully the body will adapt quickly. Must admit, I'm lusting after a pair of Cloudracers after reading Dublin Runner's log. Not that they'd give any more cushioning mind you, but they look fast!
    Fri 4th - 3.5M @6:57 - Aborted runmute. Was due home at 18:30 *sharp* so Mrs C could get to an important appointment. I badly miscalculated the time needed to run home in the heat with the backpack, flagged a taxi with 15m to go, then got stuck in traffic for the next 40 minutes :( I was not skinned alive when I got home, possibly because the kids were watching. I would have deserved it for my lack of consideration though, getting the runs in can bring out my selfish side.

Running The Great Ireland Run on Sunday with a mate. Not expecting any sort of decent time since training has been intentionally soft, but I'm hoping to change that in the next few weeks if I can avoid another injury. More miles, some sessions, all introduced gradually etc.

Welcome back (again :))

Hope the GIR goes well for you and you get back to decent form soon.

• Advertisement

Sat 5th - 6.1M @7:27

Sun 6h - Great Ireland Run 10km - 40:20 - this race kicked my arse. Hopes were not high given the on-again-off-again soft training, but still, :(
    Stomach was not happy the whole way through. Either a touch of something, or more likely a lack of racing fitness. Puked at the finish line on my new runners :eek:
    Mile paces: 6:17, 6:09, 6:05, 6:44, 6:45, 6:43, 5:56

On the plus side, the only way is up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Don't worry a lot of runners suffered today. The park seems to eat up runners in various races.
    Sat 5th - 6.1M @7:27

Sun 6h - Great Ireland Run 10km - 40:20 - this race kicked my arse. Hopes were not high given the on-again-off-again soft training, but still, :(
    Stomach was not happy the whole way through. Either a touch of something, or more likely a lack of racing fitness. Puked at the finish line on my new runners :eek:
    Mile paces: 6:17, 6:09, 6:05, 6:44, 6:45, 6:43, 5:56

On the plus side, the only way is up :)

Time for the next semi-regular update. tl;dr, things generally going in the right direction, tottering along that fine fine line between improvement and injury.

Basically 6M @7:30-8 every day, except a 14M @ 8:04 last Sunday. The right knee has been fine, but the right calf started acting up :( Nothing serious, fine during runs, but stiff and a little sore when walking and on stairs sometimes. That 14M LSR was basically me going "feck it, I'm tired of tiptoeing around this thing, time to find out one way or another". Impatience is a virtue sometimes right? :)
    Lucky for me, the LSR made things a bit better rather than worse. From talking with the physio and having a bit of a think myself, I'm inclined to blame a combination of too much foam rolling, and the reduced padding in the Hitogamis.
    Anyway, looks like the body is finally starting to get the message and get its shti together. It feels like I'm getting close to that point where the body is strong enough to endure decent training, which will make it stronger, which will allow more decent training etc.
    This should be another 50M+ week, then it's time to introduce a session. Fingers crossed, touch wood, make the evil eye, sacrifice a chicken.

Oh yes, reading "Anatomy for Runners" by Dicharry. Forget who recommended it first, but it's very good so far.

I thought I was reading my own log there between the calf and the book.

Down in Dunmore East since Wednesday for an extra long long-weekend.
    Lovely spot, but surprisingly hard to find a decent stretch of miles. Options seem to be a) laps of fairly hilly and uneven trails, or b) risking life and limb on busy country roads. I'm a city boy: blind corners, no footpaths, fast moving traffic, and yappy dogs terrify me. All I want is an unspoiled countryside with city-level infrastructure, is that too much to ask?

Thursday - 7M @8:29 on undulating trails, gorgeous views and a lot of fun, but hard work, and could have done with climbing gear in a few spots :)

Friday - 6.2M @7:35 and 5.1M @8:10, I risked the roads for the first, and went back to the trails for the second. On balance, I might be willing to risk my life a bit to dodge some hills.

Running on busy roads is horrible alright and I try and avoid it if at all possible.

Hit the hills!

TbL

• Advertisement

Saturday, 7 @7:39 - found some less busy roads for this one, no hope of flat terrain though.

Sunday, 14.2M @8:04 - LSR, 30% trails, 20% paved, 50% bog road, 100% hills :D Was not looking forward to this one, but it turned out OK. Managed to combine some of the trails with some of the quieter roads. My sneaky plan to avoid a long drag backfired and sent me to some of the hilliest bog roads I've seen, but at least it was quiet and scenic. I even stumbled on a game of road bowling!

Final couple of days in Dunmore East. It's been a nice break, with tougher terrain than usual that I'm hoping will bring some benefits. Feeling pretty confident actually now that it's done and the body has held together for the third 50M+ week in a row. Same mileage next week, but with a session, weee! Either LT, or one of these fangled critical velocity (CV) yokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Down in Dunmore East since Wednesday for an extra long long-weekend.
    Lovely spot, but surprisingly hard to find a decent stretch of miles. Options seem to be a) laps of fairly hilly and uneven trails, or b) risking life and limb on busy country roads. I'm a city boy: blind corners, no footpaths, fast moving traffic, and yappy dogs terrify me. All I want is an unspoiled countryside with city-level infrastructure, is that too much to ask?

Thursday - 7M @8:29 on undulating trails, gorgeous views and a lot of fun, but hard work, and could have done with climbing gear in a few spots :)

Friday - 6.2M @7:35 and 5.1M @8:10, I risked the roads for the first, and went back to the trails for the second. On balance, I might be willing to risk my life a bit to dodge some hills.

They are my local routes ya big wuss!!

Gavlor wrote: »
    They are my local routes ya big wuss!!

I have newfound respect some respect for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I have newfound respect some respect for you :)

Haha, pity I hadn't read that you were down earlier, I would have hooked up with you and given you some of the beginners routes ;)

Failling that we could have met for a pint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Critical velocity yolks???? Do explan, new one on me :-)

• Advertisement

Gavlor wrote: »
    Haha, pity I hadn't read that you were down earlier, I would have hooked up with you and given you some of the beginners routes ;)

Failling that we could have met for a pint!

A crap, I knew you were in the county, didn't realise you were close to DE. Well I'll be down at least once or twice more during the summer, hopefully with a bit more fitness :)

ronnie085 wrote: »
    Critical velocity yolks???? Do explan, new one on me :-)

Larry Brent mentioned them after DCM last year when I was looking for advice:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87257861&postcount=155

"CV is critical velocity, between vo2max and LT, apparently giving good bang for training buck. Defined variously as 38-45min race pace (!), or 2-3% slower than LT pace, or more simply 5k pace per mile + 10-15s. For a 60:00 10m, 2:47 marathon, 17:20s 5k, 5:47 pace is suggested for CV pace."

I'm having trouble finding much non-expert, freely available information about it on the internet though (some academic papers, some pay-for coaching programs, some message boards that I'm missing context for).

Edit: I take it back, looks like the first Google result is good, but not too deep explanation. I assumed it was a journal paper when I saw the PDF link:
    http://www.championshipproductions.com/files/xc-02010/Stiles-Critical-Velocity-Article.pdf

Check out post 15 on this thread from Tergat on CV reps.
    (Also - if you have a spare hour or 2, its worthwhile checking out a lot of his posts).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055586346

Monday, 6.4M@7:53, handy recovery run, could still feel Sunday's run in the legs.

Tuesday, 5.8M@7:56, easy lunchtime run, with some strides, still a wee bit tired.

Wednesday, 9.3M with 6x1000m @3:53 per km (CV pace), oh happy day, Callooh, Callay! Not what you'd call a *fast* session, but the first quality session I've done in about 6 months :) I was weirdly excited about this all week. Probably because it was going to be a change from the never-ending easy runs, but also not super painful (10-12s slower than 5km pace). In the end it didn't disappoint, although the reps felt harder than they should I think. The body has forgotten what faster than 7:xx feels like :rolleyes:

Anyway, "we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!"

Thursday, 7.3M @7:39 - run home from work. Blessed relief to get past the hot stinking traffic in town and into the park.
    Friday, 5.4M @7:48 - lunchtime stress reliever, with sun as a bonus!
    Saturday, Malahide 5km park run in 19:05 - meh, 3 seconds slower than last time. Didn't have any right to expect faster, it's all been slow mile building in the interim, but you kind of have a sneaky hope you know? On the up side, no dry retching in the last 400 meters, even after a wee sprint at the end to steal 8th.
    Sunday, 14.1M @7:31 One hour and forty six minutes of sunshine and trails in the PPark, happy days :D. I blame the solar charging for the too fast pace. In the door and straight into core work gardening, what a day for it.

Slight change of training plans. I'm switching from jumping into stage 2 of JD (2e) plan A, to the 56-70M 4-week cycle plan in 3e. Mostly because it's 26 weeks long, which fits perfectly with Frankfurt, and I'm excited about having a plan. I might steal jfh's idea and use the non-Q weeks for a race. I might also bump the mileage a little past 70M if things are going well. First week is a no-Q week. I've had enough of those so I'll stick with on CV session and one 14M LSR next week, and get going properly the week after.

Friday, 5.4M @7:48 - lunchtime stress reliever, with sun as a bonus!

:eek:

And in relation to Malahide, of there's no retching, then you didn't try hard enough........ :)

:eek:
    I feel like I'm missing some double entendre? :)

And in relation to Malahide, of there's no retching, then you didn't try hard enough........ :)

Aye, I'm no stranger to the puke-finish :) What was new when I ran Malahide a few months ago was retching with 1-2 minutes to go. No.fun.at.all.

I feel like I'm missing some double entendre? :)

maybe its a pervy Auld man thing?

maybe its a pervy Auld man thing?

Oh, ooooh, I get it now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q27YiPRiewg

Solid end to the best month so far this year :)

Monday, 7.8 @8:01 - bog standard run to work, legs a little tired from Sunday.

Tuesday, 5.3M @7:36 in the AM, 5.8M @7:45 in the PM - what a day for it, so much sunshine! Lunchtime run along the coast, evening run in the park, the kind of runs that make me happy to be alive.

Wednesday, 2M warmup, 3x1T w/1min recovery + 4x3min H w/2min recovery + 6x200 R w/200 recovery + warmdown, 10.6 - First ever JD session, in at the deep end (I hope). Great to have it done, it really kicked my arse, very little left in the tank by the end, felt like exactly what I needed. No way I could have done this properly without coach Garmin telling me what to do, and how fast to do it.
    Summary below. Take the I values with a pinch of salt, the GPS ain't much good over short periods. They really need to be done on a marked course or track, but I don't think there's much harm in going to fast (if indeed I did) for a bunch of Rs at the end of a session?
    |Planned pace|Actual paces
    1M T|6:32| 6:31, 6:31, 6:33
    3min H|6:00| 5:59, 5:57, 5:57, 5:56
    200m R|5:29| 4:52, 5:09, 5:09, 5:09, 5:00, 5:09

Summary for April
    Days run: 29/30
    Total miles: 231
    Injuries: none :p
    Races: Great Ireland 10km and Malahide Parkrun, neither anything to write home about.
    Highlights: solid block of running, no injuries, and starting a proper plan.
    Lowlights: poor race performances, but hardly unexpected.

• Advertisement

Nice work, I'm looking forward to see how this unfolds for you.

Running 29 days out of 30, nice work.

Don't forget to ask me if you're allowed run with TBL.

Don't forget to ask me if you're allowed run with TBL.

Nope, I'm not getting in the middle of this. It's like a Mexican soap opera around here these days. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Solid end to the best month so far this year :)

Monday, 7.8 @8:01 - bog standard run to work, legs a little tired from Sunday.

Tuesday, 5.3M @7:36 in the AM, 5.8M @7:45 in the PM - what a day for it, so much sunshine! Lunchtime run along the coast, evening run in the park, the kind of runs that make me happy to be alive.

Wednesday, 2M warmup, 3x1T w/1min recovery + 4x3min H w/2min recovery + 6x200 R w/200 recovery + warmdown, 10.6 - First ever JD session, in at the deep end (I hope). Great to have it done, it really kicked my arse, very little left in the tank by the end, felt like exactly what I needed. No way I could have done this properly without coach Garmin telling me what to do, and how fast to do it.
    Summary below. Take the I values with a pinch of salt, the GPS ain't much good over short periods. They really need to be done on a marked course or track, but I don't think there's much harm in going to fast (if indeed I did) for a bunch of Rs at the end of a session?
    |Planned pace|Actual paces
    1M T|6:32| 6:31, 6:31, 6:33
    3min H|6:00| 5:59, 5:57, 5:57, 5:56
    200m R|5:29| 4:52, 5:09, 5:09, 5:09, 5:00, 5:09

Summary for April
    Days run: 29/30
    Total miles: 231
    Injuries: none :p
    Races: Great Ireland 10km and Malahide Parkrun, neither anything to write home about.
    Highlights: solid block of running, no injuries, and starting a proper plan.
    Lowlights: poor race performances, but hardly unexpected.

Good work on the session. How are you programming the details into the watch, are you using Garmin Connect for it?

statss wrote: »
    Good work on the session. How are you programming the details into the watch, are you using Garmin Connect for it?

Yup, and I discovered a fun bug where the watch gets unhappy if the session name is too long or includes non standard characters (most probably parentheses), and refuses to accept the upload :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Yup, and I discovered a fun bug where the watch gets unhappy if the session name is too long or includes non standard characters (most probably parentheses), and refuses to accept the upload :)

Cool, I've set up next weeks sessions like that. Good to hear they work. 2 hard enough M related runs on the schedule :)

Thursday, 6.4M @7:38, easy run in the rain. Busy day at work, but I WILL NOT BE DENIED MY RUN.
    Friday, 7.9M @8:00, slow and sleepy run to work, *yawn*.
    Saturday, 13.1M @7:28, LSR on the trails in the park. A wee bit fast again, seems to happen naturally when I'm ignoring the watch and running on the trails.
    Sunday, 6.2M @7:55, slow run to round out the week.

Next week: 10km ARC run on Monday, more JD craziness, and slightly lower mileage.

Run well.

Monday, ARC 10km, 39:14 (+4M wup/down), slowly improving. This was on the fast end of what I could reasonably expect, so calling it a win. Quite happy with my pacing, and I could feel the beginnings of some race fitness coming back (not dying coming off the top of the hills, and recovering fairly quickly).
    Managed to chase a few people down (including one lad who beat me a couple of months ago in Malahide parkrun), avoid being overtaken, and even pipped some lad at the post with a wee bit of a sprint. I had no desire to overtake him in the last 500m, but he kept looking behind him which was like a red rag to a bull :)
    AMK, you'll be happy to know there was much retching afterwards.
    thirstywork2 won it. I was happy for him until he told me it was on the back of "about 60 minutes training a week". Bloody disgusting :eek:

Well done Cian, that's more progress on the road back to full racing fitness.

Anything longer planned in the short term race calendar.

And by the way; 39.14 "slowly improving", FYP :)

TbL

• Advertisement

Good man!

He he he..........

Nice running. Hate that course, it's a hard 10k, so well played!

Hey TbL, next thing I'm signed up for is the Fingal 10km on 20th July, but I need to find a couple of races before then. Maybe the Strawberry Half, time to start hunting around.

I seen from some FB photos, you were sporting the Boards top, did you meet up with the glamour couple afterwards?

I seen from some FB photos, you were sporting the Boards top, did you meet up with the glamour couple afterwards?

Nope, had no idea that was CL until I read about it here. I was hoping the boards tshirt would bring a few internet buddies out of the woodwork, but they were obviously intimidated by my prowess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Monday, ARC 10km, 39:14 (+4M wup/down), slowly improving. This was on the fast end of what I could reasonably expect, so calling it a win. Quite happy with my pacing, and I could feel the beginnings of some race fitness coming back (not dying coming off the top of the hills, and recovering fairly quickly).
    Managed to chase a few people down (including one lad who beat me a couple of months ago in Malahide parkrun), avoid being overtaken, and even pipped some lad at the post with a wee bit of a sprint. I had no desire to overtake him in the last 500m, but he kept looking behind him which was like a red rag to a bull :)
    AMK, you'll be happy to know there was much retching afterwards.
    thirstywork2 won it. I was happy for him until he told me it was on the back of "about 60 minutes training a week". Bloody disgusting :eek:

Good to see the form coming back on a tough course. Lucky for me the course was only 10km, any longer and you would have cruised by me.

• Advertisement

Good to see the form coming back on a tough course. Lucky for me the course was only 10km, any longer and you would have cruised by me.

Eh not likely. Still, if I can convince you to double down on the hard training and get some sort of injury, you might be in my sights. :)

Tuesday, 8.5M @7:34, bit of a leg stretcher after the race on Monday. Felt surprisingly good given I had trouble getting to sleep with sore legs on Monday night (actually not sure if I kept waking up because my legs were sore, or because I was dreaming my legs were sore :confused: )

Wednesday, 6.6M @7:46, run to work.

Thursday, 5.1M E, 8M M (7:10 avg overall, 6:55 avg for the M), this week's second Q session. Loads of fun letting the throttle out for a few miles. Had to dial it back a couple of times going uphill/against the wind, when the legs tried to overcompensate. Probably a good sign.

I've used up most of the mileage budget for the week, so it's 3 easy days of 6M until Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Hi Cian, read over your log, good to see you back at it after a tough time with injury and sickness, can't have been fun. Great effort in DCM 2013, are you targeting it again this year? No doubt you'll go sub 2:50 this time if you put in that hard work again. I'll be following with interest as we've similar goals, good luck!

jebuz wrote: »
    Hi Cian, read over your log, good to see you back at it after a tough time with injury and sickness, can't have been fun. Great effort in DCM 2013, are you targeting it again this year? No doubt you'll go sub 2:50 this time if you put in that hard work again. I'll be following with interest as we've similar goals, good luck!

Hey J, I'm shooting for Frankfurt this year (should really get a mod to change the log title) which unfortunately clashes with DCM, but gives me an excuse to dump the kids on the grandparents for a few days!
    Is DCM your target? I started following your log last week but haven't been back through it yet, feel free to provide the Readers' Digest version :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Ah don't worry Cian it's only 2 weeks old, but short version - going grand

• Advertisement
Advertisement