If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turntable/CD player

Options
  • 23-07-2013 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm looking to purchase a new turntable - made the mistake of buying a retro (wooden old timer style) one; was a present from my wife and she really loves the look of them! It turned out to be crap - terrible build quality - plays 45's too fast and sound wasn't amazing. The main advantage was that it had everything in one package - record player, cd player and am/fm tuner. But without a good record player on it, it was just pointless.

So, I have sent it back and I'm looking for a suitable replacement. Really I'm just looking for something simple, some way of playing vinyl, along with CD's. Doesn't have to be an all in one unit - doesn't have to be too loud (small room) - and I'm looking to keep the cost between 150 and 200 euros. 
    Is this possible? Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated!! 

Cheers,

Bill

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

billius wrote: »
    Hi All,I'm looking to purchase a new turntable - made the mistake of buying a retro (wooden old timer style) one; was a present from my wife and she really loves the look of them! It turned out to be crap - terrible build quality - plays 45's too fast and sound wasn't amazing. The main advantage was that it had everything in one package - record player, cd player and am/fm tuner. But without a good record player on it, it was just pointless.So, I have sent it back and I'm looking for a suitable replacement. Really I'm just looking for something simple, some way of playing vinyl, along with CD's. Doesn't have to be an all in one unit - doesn't have to be too loud (small room) - and I'm looking to keep the cost between 150 and 200 euros. Is this possible? Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated!! Cheers,Bill
    Hi Billius.

There are a few different options you could have a look at:

Ion iLP SP Turntable priced at £69.95 / 85.50 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/turntables/ion/ilp-sp/ion-ilp-sp
    This turntable has a built in phono stage and will plug directly in to your amplifier.

Above the Ion turntable is the Marantz TT5005 priced at £149.95 / 182.99 Euro and again has the built in phono stage.

Which amplifier do you currently use?

If you dont have an amp or speakers this little bundle deal would be ideal to keep your cost down.
    Cambridge Audio Topaz AM1, Tibo Edge speakers and the Phono cable priced at £99.95 / 121.99 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/hi-fi-system-deals/pah01855

On the CD side of things the Cambridge Audio Topza CD5 would be a good starting point priced at £119.95 / 146.50 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.co / m/product/cd-players/cambridge-audio/topaz-cd5-v4/camb-topaz-cd5-v4-bk

Or there is also the Teac CDP1260 price at £99.95 / 121.99 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/cd-players/teac/cdp1260/teac-cdp1260

Delivery on items like these would be £12.99 / 15.99 Euro

You would also need an interconnect to connect the CD player to your Amp if you do not already have one.

Cambridge Audio 100 Phono to Phono priced at £9.99 / 12.50 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/hi-fi-interconnects/cambridge-audio/aud100-1m/camb-aud100-1m

Things might look abit over budget put well worth it in sound quality.

However if you do not have an amp and speakers already this only one box unit we stock may be the answer, the Teac LPR550 priced at £269.95 / 329.99 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/mini-hi-fi/teac/lpr550usb/teac-lpr550-usb-blk

Let me know what you think and any further questions please ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭billius

Thanks for the advice and prices Kenny - I think I need to do some maths to work out what the best possible price/solution would be. I really want to keep the cost to a minimum on this one.

I don't have an amp at the moment, but I was wondering - is it possible to plug that ION iLP turntable straight into a stereo system with RCA input?
    I have an older JVC mini system - which has RCA input. So this could take care of the CD, radio end of things.
    Is an amp entirely necessary? Also, the price in euros for the turntable, is this correct? Doesn't seem to add up.

Thanks,
    Bill

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

billius wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice and prices Kenny - I think I need to do some maths to work out what the best possible price/solution would be. I really want to keep the cost to a minimum on this one.

I don't have an amp at the moment, but I was wondering - is it possible to plug that ION iLP turntable straight into a stereo system with RCA input?
    I have an older JVC mini system - which has RCA input. So this could take care of the CD, radio end of things.
    Is an amp entirely necessary? Also, the price in euros for the turntable, is this correct? Doesn't seem to add up.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Hey Billius.

Hmm, seems like I got the 5 and the 8 the wrong way around :confused: It should read 85.50 Euro

You could indeed connect the Ion directly into your JVC system as you have described. We currently have the Ion turntables in stock.

Total for the Ion and delivery would be 101.49 Euro.

Let me know if you would like to go for one.

Any further questions please let me know

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.