Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs that end up in rescue centres in Ireland Stats

• 23-07-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

hi

just wondering if there was any where I could find out a rough number of dogs that end up in rescue centres in Ireland on a yearly basis?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

There is no central database for such information.

The Dept. of Environment http://www.environ.ie/en/Publications/LocalGovernment/DogControl/ have started including a column for dogs transferred to rescue but how accurate that is I don't know. Then there's all the dogs that don't come through the pound system.

I suspect you would have to contact each and every rescue personally and get their own figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

The only way to get the stats is to contact them all directly, you can use the ministries funding list, the majority of rescues will be on that list.

Advertisement