Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Own up, who watered the grass?

Options
  • 23-07-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭

Come on people, watering grass is praying for rain, given the thunderstorm out there right now, there were a lot of you at it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I take it the hose pipe ban is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

newkie wrote: »
    I take it the hose pipe ban is over.

If we get a day or so of that, believe it or not we need up to 2.5 inches of rain to get back to "normal" soil saturation levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Why would I water the grass? It only grows faster then and I have to cut it more often. I fcuking hate cutting the lawn.

DAMN YOU GREEN GRASS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

antoobrien wrote: »
    If we get a day or so of that, believe it or not we need up to 2.5 inches of rain to get back to "normal" soil saturation levels.

15.2mm of rain in an hour, few hours of that and we'll be grand again! :)

http://weather.nuigalway.ie/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Zzippy wrote: »
    15.2mm of rain in an hour, few hours of that and we'll be grand again! :)

http://weather.nuigalway.ie/index.php

wow, I was in newcastle at the time, didn't think it was that heavy (cosndering the shower lasted less than an hour).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

wow, I was in newcastle at the time, didn't think it was that heavy (cosndering the shower lasted less than an hour).

And another 4.8mm before the rain stopped - 20mm in total! That 15.2 total was for the hour up to 4pm, the reading updates every hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I've been wanting a good thunderstorm for months, nice one Thor!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Come on people, watering grass is praying for rain, given the thunderstorm out there right now, there were a lot of you at it.

Why no, Officer. I fully respected the hosepipe ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Barna road had pretty bad floods, nice to have a 4x4 :)

Advertisement