Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hailo cabs come to Galway- free €10 voucher

Options
  • 23-07-2013 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

Pinched from Bargain Alerts
    Hailo Races Into Galway!

Just a few weeks after arriving in Cork, we are delighted to announce that Hailo is now live in Galway! Just in time for the Galway Races, over 150 drivers have already signed up with Hailo (that's 20% of drivers in Galway!). With more drivers signing up every day, Hailo is your best bet for getting a taxi during the hectic race period.
    €10 Off Your First Fare During The Races!
    To celebrate, Hailo are offering free taxi fares during the Galway Races. All first time users of Hailo in Galway can get €10 off their first fare.
    Just download Hailo on your iPhone or Android, register an account with a credit or debit card, and add the promocode GALWAY01 to your account. To use your voucher, just choose ‘Pay With Card’ when hailing your cab. The voucher will be valid until midnight Saturday August 31st.

https://www.hailocab.com/

This is supposed to be a really good service in other parts of the country.You can pay by credit or debit card.All the drivers included on it are licenced and individually approved.You have the drivers name and reg number before he picks you up so it adds a little more safety into the equation. Also once they arrive at your location they don't start the meter for 5 mins.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I've used this in Dublin, very handy!

Doesn't really work in Galway yet though. Tried to use it the other morning and there was no taxis in the city apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Doesn't really work in Galway yet though. Tried to use it the other morning and there was no taxis in the city apparently!

They issued a press release yesterday saying it's now live in Galway.

They issued a press release yesterday saying it's now live in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I used this Saturday night in Dublin and its a fantastic service. Great news they are now in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Pinched from Bargain Alerts

https://www.hailocab.com/

This is supposed to be a really good service in other parts of the country.You can pay by credit or debit card.All the drivers included on it are licenced and individually approved.You have the drivers name and reg number before he picks you up so it adds a little more safety into the equation. Also once they arrive at your location they don't start the meter for 5 mins.

City Taxis also offer that service aswell by texting you the details of the car when you order one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Seen one car on Sunday on O Briens Bridge with a Hailo sticker on the side.
    Saw a fully branded Hailo car around town last night (bright yellow with Hailo plastered all over it). Not sure if it was a taxi or just a promotional stunt. It wasn't one of the usual Galway cars anyway unless it got a serious paint job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

#beastmode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Looks like a great service. I haven't used it yet but setup the app and got the €10 credit on it.

There appears to be quite a few taxis using it. It seems to only show taxis within about <15mins from your position... move the marker around to get an idea of how many are around the city...

5G8umb.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It says in the blurb that you can track the taxi as its coming to you so you don't need to stand outside waiting for it? Has anyone tried that and found it successful?

That sounds great if you're calling a taxi to an apartment or the hospital or some place when you can't be standing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

they're going to get a shock when they come to galway at race week, and see every other taxi from connaught lined up for fares. :D

• Advertisement

Be careful with hailo lads. Read the cancellation policy within the app. It seems if you cancel the taxi after 1 minute they can charge you €5. At least if you book a taxi with a regular company and then cancel you don't get charged.

paconnors wrote: »
    Be careful with hailo lads. Read the cancellation policy within the app. It seems if you cancel the taxi after 1 minute they can charge you €5. At least if you book a taxi with a regular company and then cancel you don't get charged.

Agree re being careful.

But the website says the cancellation policy wont be applied til September
    And thee are lots of exceptions to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭squonk

I think it's a handy app for the odd time when it's really needed. Rest of the time it's just handier to ring up my regular crew who do fixed fares and are prompt, and don't let me down.

squonk wrote: »
    I think it's a handy app for the odd time when it's really needed. Rest of the time it's just handier to ring up my regular crew who do fixed fares and are prompt, and don't let me down.

Who does fixed fares?

Who does fixed fares?

Cara.

Procabs if you get them from the office.

Not sure if they do them on all trips, but they both certainly do on the one I do most often (Eyre Square to work).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

I always get procabs, quite good to people in services industry too, they always give me a really good fare home. Almost half what I would pay on the meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Cara, Claddagh, Pro Cabs, West Coast Cabs.

Also remember, a "regular" taxi is sometimes cheaper during the day for short distances than a hackney cab.

I get City Taxis they only charge me €7 from beside Windsor garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Iv used this a couple of times in other cities. It works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Who does fixed fares?

Procabs headed East

Claddagh headed West

There the two I use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Used them for the first time and am very impressed. From a technical perspective it works very well. I was literally able to walk down my driveway knowing that the driver was just about to pull up. At every step of the way I knew who was picking me up, where they are currently and how much time I have left to get ready to head out. No more surprise arrivals or leaving the cab outside with the meter running.

In the end I did not need to make sure I had been to an ATM before getting in and the journey, which I made the night before via a less tech cab company had cost me €3 more.

I will use again. Now that I have a coupon, nice one. This application offers a level of transparency that is certainly welcome.

Used it last night too - worked very well. It was the drivers second time using it and he said from talking to other taxis it seems to be mostly tourists from Dublin so far. Very handy not having to have cash ready for a taxi.

I made a slight blunder though - the €10 off with "GALWAY01" only goes to your first fare. My fare came to around €7 so I really should have upped my tip % for the driver to reach the full €10. It wouldn't have cost me any extra.

If enough drivers are using it it's a much quicker way of getting a taxi as the closest one gets offered the job and they could be with any of the taxi companies.

Thia isn't of much use today... :-/

6rQ7Sm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

J o e wrote: »
    Thia isn't of much use today... :-/

6rQ7Sm.png

Its during the mad rush to get to the racecourse for Ladies Day of the Galway Races. Are you really that surprised? ;)

Tbh I thought a few of them might try pick up an easier fare after dropping people to the track rather than going into the city center traffic.

Looks like there's another coupon for €5 - code : CWBJT

If you havent already used the 10 euro coupon mentioned in the first post I think adding a second will delete the initial one. Be warned!:)

ARTHURS13 code gets you 5 euro off this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

ARTHURS13 code gets you 5 euro off this week.

Jaysus! Everyone's jumping on the bandwagon. Better give Christy Moore a shout. He can add an extra verse to his Diageo song.

Another free fiver,it added to my account so I presume it works here.

€5 off hailo with the code

CORKJAZZ13
    Expires @ midnight Oct 30th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement