Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic in New Ross?

Options
  • 23-07-2013 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

A friend was wondering this but doesn't know anyone in New Ross so I thought someone here could help.
    How bad is traffic on the bridge in New Ross in the mornings? (When schools are back) She'll be starting work in Waterford in September & living on the far side of New Ross and is curious as to how early she'll have to leave, it seems to get so congested there. What would it be like at about 8am?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Won't be an issue in the am but coming home in the evening could be problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Why two posts? and what's with the heading of your 1st post???

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056998633

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

vicwatson wrote: »
    Why two posts? and what's with the heading of your 1st post???

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056998633

Sorry! I was trying to post from my phone and Got confused. Il delete the other or maybe a moderator could

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

It would really depend on whether she is approaching New Ross from the South or North .

From South N25 , there will be no issue with traffic in the mornings .- it move pretty well.

If she is approaching from North on the R700 , there is still a sign that says '' queues likely ''
    But these queues are quite small and traffic normally moves pretty well .

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

At 8am there will be no significant traffic on the north quay nor indeed anywhere else in new Ross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

New Ross is usually not a problem at all in the mornings. Getting from Ferrybank to wherever she's working in Waterford will be her issue with traffic imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

Great, thanks for all the replies :-)
    I think she's planning to go the toll road at least sometimes to avoid ferrybank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

What gobdaw thought it would be a good idea to allow a teleporter load an ATM machine in to the bank at 7pm at the bridge. Traffic was backed up a couple of miles in each direction. Lots of Youths fans missed the start of the SE Derby with Waterford at the RSC and I just hope those going in the opposite direction didn't have a boat to catch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Twice , I got caught in the queue - noticed that even the lady that works in BOI was out in her yellow vest directing traffic.

The guards were supervising the operation at the front door of the bank and did'nt seem to notice the traffic delays at all .( while I was there anyway )

Friday evening between 5-7 could be considered rush-hour in New Ross , and its hard to fathom how anyone could organise at this time .

Advertisement