Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management company useless

Options
  • 23-07-2013 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

hi there,
    my management company have been dealing with a problem tenant of mine and have forwarded documentation to the PRTB. I no longer use the management company however the case of the problem tenant happened at the time that I did pay them, are they obliged to see the case through to closure even though I do not pay them any more?

they have sent me an email today to say that they no longer would be involved in the case as (I presume) I no longer pay them fees.

any suggestions? please....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Why should they do something for you when they are not being paid??

I don't understand your confusion.

No pay - no service.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 conbarhan

Thank you Paulw....they were being paid management fees at the time of the problem...surely they should see the case through

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Did they act at the time? If soThey fulfilled their duty.
    As there now not being paid, then they shouldn't do work

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If you want/need them to see the case through, then you need to pay them for their time/service.

They have no obligation to see anything to conclusion, unless they are contracted or being paid to do so, and I really doubt they were contracted to.

Advertisement