Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackgold BGT3600

• 23-07-2013 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

My new Blackgold BGT3600 dual DVB-T2/S2 card arrived from Scan.co.uk this morning for those that have been waiting for this to come back into stock.

Now onto that HTPC build that I've been waiting to start...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

JJDoherty wrote: »
    My new Blackgold BGT3600 dual DVB-T2/S2 card arrived from Scan.co.uk this morning for those that have been waiting for this to come back into stock.

Now onto that HTPC build that I've been waiting to start...

I was close to buying one of those (was my first choice) but in the end decided not to, because of the lack of drivers for Linux which I did eventually begin to use in the form of Openelec.

I am glad I went for the TBS card instead.

I hope yours works out well for you ..... it is reported to be a very good card.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭JJDoherty

...decided not to, because of the lack of drivers for Linux...

...glad I went for the TBS card instead.

I hope yours works out well for you...

Thanks Johnboy1951, which TBS card did you go for as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

TBS 6981 dual sat and later added a TBS 6280 dual DTT card in place of the €15 USB dongle which I had been using.

Yes much dearer than using the Blackgold options but I am not forced to use any particular operating system which is a great benefit (for me) for the HTPC.
    To date I have used three different operating systems and presently am using Openelec with XBMC front end and tvheadend backend.

I have full EPG for all channels and all available in one channel listing, ordered as I wish.

Advertisement