Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Modem Alternative

• 23-07-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭

Anyone suggest an alternative to the Zyxel F1000 modem. Reallly need NAT loopback and it doesn't seem to support it. Or is there a way around it like Bridging. Had a Netgear DGN3300 before , worked like a dream :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

if thats the eircom one you can bridge it. get another netgear router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Langer

thanks, but will that sort NAT loopback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

oops be careful with netgear routers, some do others dont, asus have a good name as well but can be pricey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Langer

I still have the DGN3300v2, that had loopback support, but have heard conflicting advice on whether the eFibre handles the loopback or the bridged one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

You can use your own modem. I have replaced both the Eircom & Vodafone modem so far.

Customer support for both wikll give you all the settings, but they neglect to tell you to set the WAN VLAN ID to 10. This is essential.

Use the eircom@eircom.net & broadband1 as usual but you must set the wan vlan id also.

Now you wont have to use bridge mode any longer. I used the DrayTek Vigor 2850 VDSL Modem which has excellent customer support i might add.

• Advertisement
Advertisement