Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Falcao - possibly 29?

• 23-07-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Interesting article on Eurosport regarding Monaco's blockbuster 53 million signing actually being 29 as opposed to 27. They say it's come out that he lied about his age for some reason and say they can back it up on his old school records.

If it turns out to be true, could be the start of a disaster for him at Monaco, wouldn't say they would be too happy paying that for a 29 year old!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/53m-man-falcao-accused-lying-age-093037573.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Wasn't it Taribo West who claimed to be 27 but it turned out he was closer to 40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Interesting article on Eurosport regarding Monaco's blockbuster 53 million signing actually being 29 as opposed to 27. They say it's come out that he lied about his age for some reason and say they can back it up on his old school records.

If it turns out to be true, could be the start of a disaster for him at Monaco, wouldn't say they would be too happy paying that for a 29 year old!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/53m-man-falcao-accused-lying-age-093037573.html

Shouldn't that exclamation mark in the title be a question mark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

CSF wrote: »
    Shouldn't that exclamation mark be a question mark?

No it's a statement not a question but thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Gmol wrote: »
    Wasn't it Taribo West who claimed to be 27 but it turned out he was closer to 40

Yeah he togs out with Oba Martins for Nigeria Over 50s these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

No it's a statement not a question but thanks :D

Well it's not confirmed so probably best off not stating it as fact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Do they not check passports/birthcerts before signing a player or where those also faked?

Blatter wrote: »
    Well it's not confirmed so probably best off not stating it as fact.

'If it turns out to be true, could be the start of a disaster for him at Monaco, wouldn't say they would be too happy paying that for a 29 year old!'

That wasn't stated as a fact...Jesus H...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It's a big accusation so I'd wait until it's confirmed before getting too excited.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

'If it turns out to be true, could be the start of a disaster for him at Monaco, wouldn't say they would be too happy paying that for a 29 year old!'

I meant the one in the thread title. Edited it pretty quickly to clarify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

The title, not your comment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Read the title you gave the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

It's the title that's the problem , Boards could probably get into trouble if it's proved to be not true .

Blatter wrote: »
    Read the title you gave the thread.

Aha now I look like a silly sausage...mind must be warped from all this tabloid transfer dealings...

I can't edit the title, can an admin change it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Click on the line of the thread title in the main forum but away from the writing and see if it lets you edit it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I don't think Monaco will be too bothered if it is true . Their owners worth over 9 billion , the few million they'd have saved on him being 29 wouldn't make any difference to him .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Title changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Sách maith acu! (Good enough for them!) :pac:

Google translate:

Radamel Falcao @ FALCAO 10 h
    He sido sorprendido con noticias en los medios sobre mi edad que son totalmente ridículas... (1/2)

(I've been surprised with news in the media about my age who are totally ridiculous ...) (1/2)

...Quiero desmentirlo rotundamente y terminar este tema de una vez por todas. (2/2)

(Flatly deny it ... I want to end this issue once and for all.) (2/2)

Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

as mentioned above about Taribo West and Oba Martins, I also heard rumours about El Hadji Diouf a few ago not long after Liverpool signed him and Kanu aswell. This is mostly due to some African players bursting onto the scene with youth international teams at 16/17 then looking way over the hill before 30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I bet it'll soon come out that Wayne Rooney is 39.

Advertisement