Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice brunching coffee shops in Dublin city centre

Options
  • 23-07-2013 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey, perhaps i am in the wrong place but will post it here nevertheless! Methodical categorisation be damned!

I am looking for a nice place for brunch in Dublin city centre. I am thinking independently owned, high ceilings, lots of natural light/big windows, a nice coffee/scones set-up and, above all, quirky chunes.

The chunes are very important - thinking cheesey euro-trash pop songs which add a kind of surreal i-am-on-holidays vibe. A fleeting moment of escape.

There used to be this place in Cork City, The Ginger Bread house and it had the most random music all of the time; it was be blaring out anything and everything all morning, almost like a morning-disco. It seemed to be open all of the time and was always empty. Oh course, it never made any money, which was its charm!

Nothing starts the day better than a caffine-induced morning-disco - i hope you agree?

Danke,
    YumYumYum.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Coffee & Tea

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

That's pretty specific on the requirements!

You could try Odessa on Dame Court, ticks a good few boxes.

If you were to venture south side either Dilllingers or Cinnamon in Ranelagh do a good brunch although Cinnamon has a lot of families with young kids at the weekend.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Herb Street is one of my favourite brunch places, just beside Grand Canal Theatre. Nice good, prices are ok and food is very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

The music thing is a hard one... Try 37 Dawson St, 777 (only from 2pm on Sundays), or look up the Gentlemans Academy Disco Brunch on facebook.

If you can live without the music, then Pepperpot fits everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

I love the Foam cafe just off millenium walkway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

YumYumYum wrote: »
    Hey, perhaps i am in the wrong place but will post it here nevertheless! Methodical categorisation be damned!

I am looking for a nice place for brunch in Dublin city centre. I am thinking independently owned, high ceilings, lots of natural light/big windows, a nice coffee/scones set-up and, above all, quirky chunes.

The chunes are very important - thinking cheesey euro-trash pop songs which add a kind of surreal i-am-on-holidays vibe. A fleeting moment of escape.

There used to be this place in Cork City, The Ginger Bread house and it had the most random music all of the time; it was be blaring out anything and everything all morning, almost like a morning-disco. It seemed to be open all of the time and was always empty. Oh course, it never made any money, which was its charm!

Nothing starts the day better than a caffine-induced morning-disco - i hope you agree?

Danke,
    YumYumYum.

Are you German? ;)

Anyway, try the 'Olive Cafe' on Fumbally Lane, just off New Street South.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

Or the Fumbally up past Patrick's Catherdral. On the corner of Fumbally Lane. It's worth the journey.

Menu here. http://thefumbally.ie/food/current-menu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

MemEmee wrote: »
    Or the Fumbally up past Patrick's Catherdral. On the corner of Fumbally Lane. It's worth the journey.

Menu here. http://thefumbally.ie/food/current-menu/

+1 on that, I think, it's the same crowd, that runs the coffee shop in the CoOp market on Newmarket Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 YumYumYum

Uber-Dankes to everybody - this site is great because ye guys are great! I'll try these out over the next couple of weekends and let ye know for posterity! ;o)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

is avocas brunch any good? do you get good value or is it full of tourists and more cluttered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

YumYumYum wrote: »
    I am thinking independently owned, high ceilings, lots of natural light/big windows, a nice coffee/scones set-up and, above all, quirky chunes.

Sounds like Caffe Noto on Thomas St. Good chunes but not Europop.

Advertisement