Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will I have to pay?

Options
  • 23-07-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

@mods felt this might be more appropriate here so please feel free to close my thread in student finances.

Hi guys,

I'm starting a masters in UCD in September.

I know how much my tuition fees are so that's fine. However when I did my undergraduate in UL I had to pay registration fees/student contribution and a student levy at the start of the year.

I see on one of the UCD pages that my tuition fees will include the student levy but it says nothing about the registration fees/student contribution.

Can someone clarify whether the reg fee is included in the tuition fee?

For example on this UCC page (http://www.ucc.ie/en/study/postgrad/cost/) it says:

On acceptance to a postgraduate course, Students are liable to pay tuition fees to the University. University fees are set each year and include the registration fee, tuition fee and examination fee.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    @mods felt this might be more appropriate here so please feel free to close my thread in student finances.

Hi guys,

I'm starting a masters in UCD in September.

I know how much my tuition fees are so that's fine. However when I did my undergraduate in UL I had to pay registration fees/student contribution and a student levy at the start of the year.

I see on one of the UCD pages that my tuition fees will include the student levy but it says nothing about the registration fees/student contribution.

Can someone clarify whether the reg fee is included in the tuition fee?

For example on this UCC page (http://www.ucc.ie/en/study/postgrad/cost/) it says:

On acceptance to a postgraduate course, Students are liable to pay tuition fees to the University. University fees are set each year and include the registration fee, tuition fee and examination fee.

Thanks for your help!

You don't pay 'registration fees' for postgraduate courses, just your tuition fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

You don't pay 'registration fees' for postgraduate courses, just your tuition fees.

That's great, thanks! I didn't want to assume that my tuition fees covered everything only to have UCD come after me for €2,500 :P

Advertisement