Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online football management games

• 23-07-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

Football season is still a month away (with the exception of LOI) and looking out the window it appears that the nice weather is beginning to leave us, so I need something new and unproductive to help pass the time.

I've come across a few free online manager games out there like Top Eleven and Soccer Manager but have never really started to play them. Anyone have any that they recommend in particular?

I was a huge CM 01/02 fan but was never too keen on the more recent ones as they were just too time-consuming.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Have been playing trophymanager for years, can put as much or little time into it as you want, a fair bit at the start would be the usual and then 5-10 minutes 3 times a week or so at a min will keep you going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'd recommend http://www.xperteleven.com/

Quite enjoyable in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

www.hattrick.org
    I'm playing it ten years...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

carlop wrote: »
    I was a huge CM 01/02 fan but was never too keen on the more recent ones as they were just too time-consuming.

FM 2013 has an arcade mode that cuts out a lot of the time consuming bits. That might be what you are after. Pity you just missed the steam sale as it could be had for under a tenner.

If you are only after free games....well, you get what you pay for with regards simulation games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Play trophymanager, it's the best from what I've found. Hattrick became too formulaic (play 3-5-2 and you're sorted) and xperteleven is fairly crap imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Ok thanks lads, I think I'll give trophy manager a go and see how I get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

you could just play cm01/02 with a modern day patch, that's what i'm doing at the moment, eidos are allowing free download of the game as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Probably not quite what your looking for but theres a few boardsies who play FootballIdentity, its a web based game where you can chose to be a manager, player or journo. The teams and leagues are already in place, theres currently two divisions in Ireland, not based on real teams. We recently added an age cap to Ireland to create a more level playing field and its a suitable league for new users.

Its hard to describe it, your best off just having a look for yourself. It has its issues but it can be addictive. Theres probably a few here that have played it and loved it and some couldnt get the hang of it and some might just hate it.

Each player is controlled by a real person. Each league has a timeslot. So for example Irish matches are every Sunday and Wednesday @ 20:50. Matches take about 1hr 10mins.

Heres a link to the test match centre, have a go and decide for yourself. Its more suitable for new users to start out as footballers. Management is more suited to experiened users.

http://testcenter.footballidentity.com/BasicWebsite/SWF/TestGame/TestGamePage.aspx?lang=en-GB

Feel free to PM me if you take a liking and I can help you get settled and find a suitable team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I have been playing www.soccermaniacs.com for about 10 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,974 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bought football manager 2013 on the stream sale and have cheated a bit tbh.

Im managing Cork City and using real time editor i have made them the richest club in the world. i have signed a few talents and im now in season 2016 and have won 3 league titles, 4 munster senoir cups,2 all ireland cups, 3 league cups and played in the champions league group stage in season 2014/15. I have yet to win an FAI cup maybe this year

Done this with all the matches on holiday. Assitant manger gets manager of the year and all those awards too not fair :mad::D

ah its only a bit of fun. Sean O Driscoll took over as Ireland manager after Trap left

• Advertisement
Advertisement