Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple Store Delivery - How Long?

• 23-07-2013 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

I ordered a MacBook Air on Saturday and the order status stayed at "Processing" until today, when it (finally) changed to "Preparing for Dispatch".

Does anybody know how long it takes to get to "Dispatched" and then how long it takes to get to its destination (Dublin)? The order status page is estimating delivery 30 July-1 August. Surely it can't take that long?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I ordered an ipad mini on a Monday lunchtime. It arrived Tuesday morning. So less that 24 and it came from UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭iniall

I ordered an ipad mini on a Monday lunchtime. It arrived Tuesday morning. So less that 24 and it came from UK.

You did well! My MBA hasn't even been dispatched yet. How do you know the mini came from the UK? Did it come from the Belfast Apple Store?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

iPads would be kept in stock in the UK as they can't be customised. MacBooks, if built to order, have to ship from China, hence the longer transit time. If they are standard, they usually ship from a UK warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

I ordered a Macbook air (standard) on Monday 15th (of this month).

Arrived today, and I'm typing on it now.

It is really a lovely machine. :P

whiterebel wrote: »
    iPads would be kept in stock in the UK as they can't be customised. MacBooks, if built to order, have to ship from China, hence the longer transit time. If they are standard, they usually ship from a UK warehouse.

So my extra RAM means China instead of the UK? So much for Apple's "dispatches in 1-3 days" claim on their store webpage. So 30 July - 1 August is probably an accurate delivery estimate. Damn.

• Advertisement

prospect wrote: »
    I ordered a Macbook air (standard) on Monday 15th (of this month).

Arrived today, and I'm typing on it now.

It is really a lovely machine. :P

6 working days for a standard MBA? Website says "dispatched within 24 hours". Must have come from China. Hopefully mine won't take too much longer than that.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

iniall wrote: »
    6 working days for a standard MBA? Website says "dispatched within 24 hours". Must have come from China. Hopefully mine won't take too much longer than that.

Enjoy!

Yep,

China - Kazakhstan - Germany - Dublin afaik.

Shipping info isn't always up to date. I have tracked various items after I received them and the info would often tell me the item hasn't arrive in the country yet, etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

So my extra RAM means China instead of the UK? So much for Apple's "dispatches in 1-3 days" claim on their store webpage. So 30 July - 1 August is probably an accurate delivery estimate. Damn.

Companies use working days, and don't include Saturday, so you will have it dispatched in 1-3 days, starting from Monday. It won't take a month to get in, probably a week or 10 days. They usually consolidate all shipments into Europe, then Customs Clearance and hand it over to the delivery courier such as TNT or UPS.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Companies use working days, and don't include Saturday, so you will have it dispatched in 1-3 days, starting from Monday. It won't take a month to get in, probably a week or 10 days. They usually consolidate all shipments into Europe, then Customs Clearance and hand it over to the delivery courier such as TNT or UPS.

One working day to process order, one working day (so far) to prepare for dispatch... Hopefully it'll get sent out tomorrow. I'll try to contain my impatience and only check the Your Orders page every hour...

Finally dispatched this morning (working day 4) from Shanghai on to Incheon in Korea and then to Almaty, Kazakhstan where it's currently resting. It's on a world tour! I thought it would go straight from China to Germany or the UK and from there to Ireland. Guess not... *continues fingertapping*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

I've heard jigsaw24.com is good for custom apple products. Everything is in stock over in the uk, and I'm pretty sure they offer same day dispatch & 1-3 working days delivery.

The only thing I'm not sure about is warranty, do you still get your standard 2 years warranty or only 1 because it's coming from the uk?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Jamez735 wrote: »
    I've heard jigsaw24.com is good for custom apple products. Everything is in stock over in the uk, and I'm pretty sure they offer same day dispatch & 1-3 working days delivery.

The only thing I'm not sure about is warranty, do you still get your standard 2 years warranty or only 1 because it's coming from the uk?

Apple only offer a 1 year warranty.

Apple only offer a 1 year warranty.

Yes but because Ireland is in the EU we get a standard 2 year warranty on things like consumer electronics. See here -> http://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

It's not as good as Apple's 1 year limited warranty but it does the job. I'm just wondering if it still applies if the product was purchased from a uk site?

China to Korea, Korea to Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan to Poland, Poland to Germany. Been in Cologne since 1 o'clock this morning. What the hell are they doing?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Yes but because Ireland is in the EU we get a standard 2 year warranty on things like consumer electronics. See here -> http://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

It's not as good as Apple's 1 year limited warranty but it does the job. I'm just wondering if it still applies if the product was purchased from a uk site?

Well, (without going off on a tangent about consumer law) technically they never translated the 2 year bit into Irish law. They didn't have to as Irish law already provided better protection. It was the same in the UK, which is also part of the EU.

But to answer your question, the protection is more or less the same whether you purchase in Ireland or the UK. However, the 2 year+ statutory warranty applies to the seller, not the manufacturer. So if you experienced an issue after a year Apple would be under no obligation to help you and you would to take it up with jigsaw24 under the UK Sale of Goods Act/EU statutory warranty. Which could be a lot of hassle since the burden of proof is on you.

Well, (without going off on a tangent about consumer law) technically they never translated the 2 year bit into Irish law. They didn't have to as Irish law already provided better protection. It was the same in the UK, which is also part of the EU.

But to answer your question, the protection is more or less the same whether you purchase in Ireland or the UK. However, the 2 year+ statutory warranty applies to the seller, not the manufacturer. So if you experienced an issue after a year Apple would be under no obligation to help you and you would to take it up with jigsaw24 under the UK Sale of Goods Act/EU statutory warranty. Which could be a lot of hassle since the burden of proof is on you.

Oh right, gotcha...so if I ordered it from the apple store then I could take it up any issues directly with them?

Anyone any thoughts on why the shipment would be sitting in Cologne since 1am Friday morning? Is it possible UPS didn't want to be early? Or EU customs have delayed the plane? If they'd flown on to its next destination (somewhere in the UK? Dublin?) Friday morning, it might have got here by Monday. Now it'll be Tuesday at the earliest, I'd imagine...

Anyone any thoughts on why the shipment would be sitting in Cologne since 1am Friday morning? Is it possible UPS didn't want to be early? Or EU customs have delayed the plane? If they'd flown on to its next destination (somewhere in the UK? Dublin?) Friday morning, it might have got here by Monday. Now it'll be Tuesday at the earliest, I'd imagine...

They break down the bulk shipment into different countries, couriers etc. This could take a couple of days. They have to clear customs for the whole lot too.

Advertisement