Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

estate trees need pruning and topping

• 23-07-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭

May or may not be the right section for this. Trees in my estate are massively overgrown and growing over my garden and driveway. I know I can contact the county council but I want to know if I will be liable to any call out fees if I contact these people to trim these offending trees growing into my garden?
    I don't fully know how this works and don't want the county council looking for money off me to cut trees that are not mine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Who cuts the communal grass areas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭mondeo

Who cuts the communal grass areas ?

The green in front of my house where kids play etc is cut by the council I assume. Every couple of weeks a tractor comes on and cuts it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The council paid for a contractor to trim the trees in our entire estate a few months ago. I believe it was at the request of the residents association. I'm not sure if this took significant campaign ing on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

Contact the council parks division. Tree outside of our garden was hit by a van roof. e mailed them as wasn't able to trim the broken branches myself, they came out within two days and trimmed it, including what was hanging over into our garden. We are in Fingal area. Check out the web page for your local CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

mondeo wrote: »
    May or may not be the right section for this. Trees in my estate are massively overgrown and growing over my garden and driveway. I know I can contact the county council but I want to know if I will be liable to any call out fees if I contact these people to trim these offending trees growing into my garden?
    I don't fully know how this works and don't want the county council looking for money off me to cut trees that are not mine.

Are you on a council estate or a private one?

You can legally prune the trees back to the boundry edge yourself as they are causing you a nuisance, but you must return the prunings to the neighbour as it is their property.

• Advertisement
Advertisement