Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aboreal

Options
  • 23-07-2013 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know what type of trees are planted along the road there between seabourne and jackie skellys roundabout.im curious too as to why they seem to be dumping large amounts of leaves recently..i noticed em this eve..in fact a lot of chland trees are looking a bit brown leaved.is it down to drought or is something else causiing it..any aborealists out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I haven't much knowledge of trees, but did notice the trees up the spine road (at the playground) didn't grow many leaves this spring. Perhaps an attack of some sort, similar to the problem in the UK with a certain species of tree. Just can't remember what specie it was.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Even the sycamores are dropping huge amounts of leaves due to dehydration. A week or so of normal weather should sort out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

astrofluff wrote: »
    I haven't much knowledge of trees, but did notice the trees up the spine road (at the playground) didn't grow many leaves this spring. Perhaps an attack of some sort, similar to the problem in the UK with a certain species of tree. Just can't remember what specie it was.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22812323

Advertisement