Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan - LeftHandDrive - Exhaust Question

Options
  • 23-07-2013 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi
    My Campervan (Fiat Ducato - Left Hand Drive) needs a new exhaust.

The present outlet pipe is at the Left Hand Side.

I have taken it to a few people, who say that the present one may be a modified Exhaust and that outlet pipe of Fiat Ducato Exhausts are at the Right Hand Side.

I am wondering.

If I go ahead and change the Outlet pipe from the LEFT side - to the Right side will it affect
    a) any future MOT/NCT tests that will be carried out &
    b) are there any European regulations relating to the side which the Exhaust pipe should come from - in case I go for holidays in France/Continent.

In addition the Fridge and Cooker are on the RIGHT side - close enough to the Fridge Grill/Vent.

Any advice please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

Hi
    What you have is standard for left hand drive,exhaust faces away from pavement.cant help re mot etc
    yours zambo

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

I bought mine from here, full system at a great price. I had difficulty getting a system for a LHD here, they wanted to switch it the other side and the cost was 4 or 5 times more.
    It was delivered from Germany by courier for about 30 euro in a few days.

http://www.teilezentrale.de/go/_search/full_search.php?SEARCH_FORM=&search_query_words=fiat+ducato&x=11&y=6

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

Hi Corkbuoy.
    Thanks for the info, - that website is in German only unfortunately.
    I'm more concerned with trying to get answers to the original questions first before I go looking at arranging special import of the parts -
    thanks very much for your help though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munsterabu

Hello
    I Had some issues with my LHD Fiat exhaust recently... hope i can help..i thought i would have to replace my exhaust (which travels down RHS then across underneath to LHS ) but repaired it part after silencer worked its way loose wearing down rubber hangers etc. ..the exhaust system is a number of seperate parts, is the whole lot damaged or just part of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Conology wrote: »
    Hi Corkbuoy.
    I'm more concerned with trying to get answers to the original questions first before I go looking at arranging special import of the parts -

The exit position of the exhaust is not relevant for the CRW test, what is relevant though is what come out of it :D

There are many LHD vehicles with the pipe on the LH side, they can also go straight out the back or up into the air.

What will fail is LHD headlights if the dip beam is not properly altered to RHD with the correct Beam Benders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Conology wrote: »
    Hi Corkbuoy.

the website language can be changed to english at the bottom of the page by clicking on the union jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

*Kol* wrote: »
    the website language can be changed to english at the bottom of the page by clicking on the union jack.

Yes and you can then change the currency from stg to euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 danny50

Hi i had same problem last year and Atlas on kylemore rd sorted me. previously my "back" box was getting dodgy and got a quote for €250 and 2 weeks wait. Then just before Poznan last year the roar came... had a look...rip... whole new system. Into Atlas and sorted with an extra u type bend and now i have a whole new rhd exhaust ant it wasn't far off the €250 i as paying for just a box and he did it there and then.

Advertisement