Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOG SWIMMING

• 23-07-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Anyone know of a nice clean open lake to take my dog for a swim Near the Dublin wicklow area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

No recommendations I'm afraid, but what a lovely dog! Is it a Dogue de Bordeaux?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 masstiffdog

No recommendations I'm afraid, but what a lovely dog! Is it a Dogue de Bordeaux?

Thank you!yes he is.My first one.wanted one for years so glad we got him.they are a wonderful breed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

does it have to be a lake?

if so Roundwood is an excellent place for dogs to swim... 3 / 4 massive reservoirs lakes to bask around in.

Avondale house in rathdrum, beautiful grounds tons of acres and a beautiful river (slow river) I bring my spaniel here 3/4 times a week...

There are loads of beaches if your interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 masstiffdog

Thanks for recommendations.I Will check round wood out.it sounds like what were looking for.lets just hope the weather is on our side for Saturday:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

cocker5 wrote: »
    does it have to be a lake?

if so Roundwood is an excellent place for dogs to swim... 3 / 4 massive reservoirs lakes to bask around in.

Avondale house in rathdrum, beautiful grounds tons of acres and a beautiful river (slow river) I bring my spaniel here 3/4 times a week...

There are loads of beaches if your interested?

Beautiful dog : )

Please don't bring him to swim in our reservoir/tap water. ;: (

Why not Glendalough lake -park up at the visitor centre & walk him down by the shaded boardwalk & in past the chipper in the car park; through to the lake. It has a sandy beach & your dog can paddle or swim there safely.

Far better than a sharp steep shelf drop & unclimbable walls & into people's drinking water/resevoirs.

It's a beautiful dog -met one the other day on Malahide beach -all on for a splash & paddle : )not a great swimmer thou : ) enjoy!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement