Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Waste Collection

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Macker73

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Macker73 wrote: »

Fair play to City Bin for taking it on board immediately. I bet your company wouldn't be so quick off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

City Bin are great , don't think I would change even for a lower price

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Greyhound Troll troll troll, why don't you go try and petrol bomb some more city bin trucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway-based waste collection company The City Bin Co. has agreed to make changes to its customer contracts, after the National Consumer Agency found that some of the terms were “unfair”.
    Tbh, CityBin seems miles ahead of Greyhound when GH attracts attention like this:
    Up to 18,000 homes face the prospect of not having their rubbish collected by Greyhound this week as the Taoiseach urged the company to show some flexibility.
    Even the Taoiseach has had to step in to negotiate :eek:
    Greyhound is set to impose full charges on Dublin's poorest and elderly residents.
    http://www.herald.ie/news/greyhound-bins-boss-parties-as-elderly-hit-with-charges-28001117.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Macker73

Posting a true article is hardly trolling. So far Greyhound, Panda & City Bin have all agreed to change their terms and conditions. See the NCA web site yourself.

You would want to more careful who you accuse of terrorist activity.

This is an information sharing platform and thats what I am doing !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Posting a true article is hardly trolling. So far Greyhound, Panda & City Bin have all agreed to change their terms and conditions. See the NCA web site yourself.

You would want to more careful who you accuse of terrorist activity.

This is an information sharing platform and thats what I am doing !!!

In fairness when someone starts a brand new account to post negative comments about a business in two different fora, it looks a bit suspicious...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Have always had nothing but excellent service from Citybin, and after hearing stories about Greyhound's customer service, as well as hearing a bit more than can be reported in the media or posted online about the truck-burning incident, I think I'll be staying with Citybin.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Living in menlo and just had a fella call to the door from greyhound. First month is free and then 15 a month after that. Signed up and he said you just pay at the post office but didn't give me any details or anything to pay with. Moving out in 3 months anyway but it seems a bit sketchy to me now thinking back :/

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭redbeaard

Please avoid this crowd of crooks at all cost. This is my personal experience.

Since Greyhound took over from Dublin Waste they now charge 50% more (last year, that's going to double this year).
    They pick up the bins half as often, once a fortnight compared to weekly.
    They only reply so some emails and that takes 3 working days for the simplest response.
    Their website is a farce, they obviously don't want to share your account information with you (try deciphering how much you paid for what).
    They introduced new "Options" payment schemes - there is no, and I mean no, mention of these anywhere on their site.
    The "Option" you were automatically given if you did not reply to their letter in time includes paying by weight if you go over a limit, this was hidden in the fine print.
    They won't provide me with a brown bin so therefor my black bin goes over weight constantly.

And last but not least they won the contract in dubious circumstances http://www.politicalworld.org/archive/index.php/t-11211.html
    and their owners, in 2010, transferred their shares in the companies to limited liability companies in the Isle of Man, so it is not an Irish company and also dose not have to issue accounts so we can not see what kind of profits they make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

redbeaard wrote: »
    Since Greyhound took over from Dublin Waste they now charge 50% more (last year, that's going to double this year).
    This is wrong the price has gone up €1 per lift.
    They pick up the bins half as often, once a fortnight compared to weekly.
    Again wrong their schedule is the same as DCC used to, except they may have hcnaged the day (which they did in my area).
    They only reply so some emails and that takes 3 working days for the simplest response.
    Again I got quicker responses than this, though such things can depend on how busy the contact center is.
    Their website is a farce, they obviously don't want to share your account information with you (try deciphering how much you paid for what).

I'd say your problem is with the english language then. Here's a screenshot of my greyhound account.

240898.png
    They won't provide me with a brown bin so therefor my black bin goes over weight constantly.

Email/ring them and ask for one delivered, they had no problem getting me a green bin
    their owners, in 2010, transferred their shares in the companies to limited liability companies in the Isle of Man, so it is not an Irish company and also dose not have to issue accounts so we can not see what kind of profits they make.

While slightly distasteful, there's nothing unusual with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭redbeaard

Like I said in the first line this is my experience, you may have different.
    This is wrong the price has gone up €1 per lift.

Apon further inspection of the actual charges the 50% is way off for this year so I like to retract that statement. (There are either some other charges apart from subscription and lifts that I am not aware of or a mistake has been made with my account but I am dealing with that presently so I can't stand by 50%).
    Again wrong their schedule is the same as DCC used to, except they may have hcnaged the day (which they did in my area).

I live on the North Circular Road on the Phoenix Park side. They used to lift ever week, now it is ever fortnight. This is a fact. I would point you at their schedule on their website but they don't publish it.
    Again I got quicker responses than this, though such things can depend on how busy the contact center is.

3 days probably isn't the worst but loosing/not replying to emails is really bad. And again like I said at the top of first post, this is my experience.
    I'd say your problem is with the english language then. Here's a screenshot of my greyhound account.

There is nothing wrong with my grasp of the English language, thanks very much, I said "try deciphering how much you paid for what". In 'your account' section there is no account statement that shows your credit over time compared to the charges taken off for particular lifts etc. This would make a lot of sense and may explain why my payments to them compared to lift charges+subscription+remaining credit simply don't add up. (again which is why I am email them and how I found this thread) They introduced new payment schemes in January called "Options", please point out where these are mentioned anywhere on the site, let alone which one I have somehow been signed up to. Numerous links are also broken. There is no route schedules. There is no section to inform you of what goes in the green bin or the brown bin. What is the point of a website if not to convay this type of information, therefore I say it is a farce.
    Email/ring them and ask for one delivered, they had no problem getting me a green bin

I did ring them and they simple said they would not be providing the brown bin service to my road. Which is really annoying and surprising as there are several adjoining roads that are serviced.
    While slightly distasteful, there's nothing unusual with that.

Not unusual perhaps but then it would be distasteful, perhaps disingenuous to then claim to be an Irish owned company would it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

I live on the North Circular Road on the Phoenix Park side. They used to lift ever week, now it is ever fortnight. This is a fact. I would point you at their schedule on their website but they don't publish it.

Well yes they do, here's your schedule:http://web.greyhound.ie/wp-content/plugins/housesearch/timetables/tuesblackbrown.pdf

Start by looking at this page: http://web.greyhound.ie/dcc/dcc-download-timetable/

In D5 it has been every two weeks for the past several years, with no change when greyhound took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Apparently Greyhound have a poor reputation in Dublin.

Ok, I think we'll wrap it up here folks. You've heard some good and some bad, from Galway and other places.
    Hopefully it'll be enough for you to make your minds up about who you think should take care of your bins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I see an article in the independent about them not properly collecting segregated waste and just the other day a sales man was in our area looking to sign people up, he was asking for names and said an info leaflet will be send out, guess what? A truck pulls up two days later to deliver your new bins......:confused: .....I seen the poor bin delivery guy driving around getting a few choice words of neighbors.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/waste-firm-disciplines-staff-for-permit-breach-29165263.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Yeah really dodgy company.

I had to tell the door to door guy to F off. Real smug gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

*Obnoxious* Greyhound salesman at our door earlier. Really pushed it. Third one now in a few weeks. My neighbour mentioned that to him and he said "ah sure they missed a load and they are not really keeping track of what houses they went to".
    Hmm. Detachment from company and lack of ownership inspires *loads* of confidence in the product :rolleyes:
    I went from polite to slamming the door in his face. As did my neighbour.
    I know there was a thread recently about them, and I realise they might have a hard sell training but they are only sending clients to City Bin. Hard sell doesn't work so well here. Rude sell even less. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 markhar9877

Seriously who cares? If they collect your bins and are cheaper so what? Obnoxious saleman so what? It's their problem. Slam the door on him and book it via their website.

Not sure what the fuss is about. We've enough bloody bills to pay for basic services that used to come out of our taxes. Any competition is good.

Sorry but let's not get into this again, got messy before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

I signed up to greyhound service about a month ago. They gave me first two months free and were half price compared to city bin so it was a no brainer.

My three bins are sitting full to the top.

Two weeks ago black and brown were not collected. Four days later in they came and collected the black only. Saw the collector open the brown bin and take a look in. Probably decided it wasn't full enough to come back later and collect.

Last week recycling bin wasn't collected. I have to now leave the three full bins out all the time because I don't know what day they are going to decide they want to collect them.

I'm gonna have to change to city bin because it doesn't matter how cheap they are if they don't collect the waste.

Anyone else with them? Having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

cant go wrong with the City Council 229 per year, im with them over 20 years never had a problem, I heard bad things about Greyhound before they started and your the proof

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Storm 10 wrote: »
    cant go wrong with the City Council 229 per year, im with them over 20 years never had a problem, I heard bad things about Greyhound before they started and your the proof

Also the City Co do a waiver scheme for pensioners/poor people. Do you think Greyhound will ever do that? And if/when they don't, where will that waste go?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Have been with City Bin for the last 7 years now and honestly can't say a bad thing about them. Bins collected on time every week and on a few occasions having to phone them after I missed a few direct debits they were very polite and courteous. Have heard some awful stories about Greyhound. Have a neighbor with the council and he find them very good to.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

Did you read up on them before you signed up? For example, a search on boards.ie?

This is a previous thread on them, with reviews. I'm merging this latest with the large thread.
    Last time we got people shilling from them (banned and posts deleted) and things got real messy - so I'll just nip this one in the bud now.
    Merged with closed thread.
    Feel free to ask about recommendations on waste companies, let's just stay away from "dumping" any more on Greyhound...not sure they can take it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement