Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Munster Champions at minor and Senior

• 23-07-2013 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Congratulations to the Limerick minor hurlers on their great win in this evenings replayed munster minor hurling final. Think that this is the first time that Limerick have ever done the double in the same year.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

allimac wrote: »
    Congratulations to the Limerick minor hurlers on their great win in this evenings replayed munster minor hurling final. Think that this is the first time that Limerick have ever done the double in the same year.:)

Lots of ongrats to the minors, but both minor and senior teams won the Munster (and All Ireland) in 1940! Here's hoping both can do it again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Comhrá

cee_jay wrote: »
    Lots of ongrats to the minors, but both minor and senior teams won the Munster (and All Ireland) in 1940! Here's hoping both can do it again!

Seeing as our crowd aren't at the races this year, I'm rowing in behind Limerick, my second home, to do the business this year. Congrats on the double Munster titles, lads! Great stuff.

6500 people out to support them on a Tuesday evening. Fans deserve a pat on the back too. Congrats limerick. Great year for the county so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Both the Minors and Seniors will be playing their semi-finals in Croke Park on the 18th of August. Tickets are available on Tickets.ie http://gaa.tickets.ie/Listing/EventInformation/14063/gaa-hurling-all-ireland-semi-final-limerick-v-tbc-croke-park-dublin-18-August-2013
    This is a great chance to ensure that Hill 16 is a sea of green as the opposing counties won't be known until Sunday evening.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Tickets for Hill 16 already bought! And nearly as important - The day after is booked off work :)

• Advertisement

Tickets for Hill 16 already bought!

Me too! Yaaaay! :D
    And nearly as important - The day after is booked off work smile.png

Have to get that sorted tomorrow. New to the job and work with a load of GAA heads so I reckon this might be a challenge. They're the kind of people that probably had the 19th booked off five mins into the second half of the Munster final :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

21404_551141554952438_1988941764_n_zps93200e7d.png

Confirmed today, it's Limerick Vs Clare in the Semi-final on August the 18th in Croke Park, should be interesting to say the least.

A little taste of whats to come maybe?http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PFO4Jv3Vvt8:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Beamer06

Limerick all the way

• Advertisement

Looks like we may be at full strength by next week.http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/allen-hopeful-over-tobin-and-downes-29485560.html. Luimneach Abu!:)

35,000 travelling from Limerick according to the Leader. Team should be named later today, hopefully we have a full squad to pick from. Lets hope for a repeat of '96. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ro4UsOs2lUM

allimac wrote: »
    35,000 travelling from Limerick according to the Leader. Team should be named later today, hopefully we have a full squad to pick from. Lets hope for a repeat of '96. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ro4UsOs2lUM

Fully fit squad to pick from according to the news earlier. Happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Been a way for the past week and have missed the build up to this game, hoping for a win, would be great for hurling in the county.

Must get a few bits of bunting and flags for the house, usually do it for Munster, why not the same for my home county.

G'wan Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was thinking the same - have an old Limerick Shaws flag at my parents! Must get a new one!

Team named. No changes from the Munster final so Seanie Tobin to start. Here's the line-up : Nickie Quaid (Effin); Stephen Walsh (Glenroe), Richie McCarthy (Blackrock); Tom Condon (Knockaderry), Paudie O’Brien (Kilmallock), Wayne McNamara (Adare), Gavin O’Mahony (Kilmallock); Paul Browne (Bruff), Dónal O’Grady (Granagh-Ballingarry); David Breen (Na Piarsaigh), James Ryan (Garryspillane), Seamus Hickey (Murroe-Boher); Graeme Mulcahy (Kilmallock), Declan Hannon (Adare), Seanie Tobin (Murroe-Boher). Subs: Aaron Murphy (Hospital-Herbertstown), Mark Carmody (Patrickswell), Cathal King (Na Piarsaigh), Alan Dempsey (Na Piarsaigh), Shane Dowling (Na Piarsaigh), Conor Allis (Croom), Niall Moran (Ahane), Kevin Downes (Na Piarsaigh), Paudie Aherne (Kilteely-Dromkeen), Tommy Quaid (Effin),Thomas Ryan (South Liberties).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

http://www.culturefox.ie/event/limericks-munster-hurling-trophies-on-public-view/21745.aspx

If anyone is looking for somewhere to bring the children then the hurling trophies both minor and senior are on display at the Hunt Museum at the moment.

The day has finally come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Hope the matches are enjoyable for everyone. Have a blast Limerick fans!

G'wan Limerick, best of luck to both Minors and Seniors. Safe travelling to all the supporters, take care on the roads.

• Advertisement

Bad day at the office for both teams, Minors probably deserved the win in ordinary time but Galway seemed to have more gas in extra time, the Seniors were asleep for the first half and left too much of a hill to climb for the second half, we needed an early goal and just couldn't manage it. Still proud of both teams, at the beginning of the year I didn't think we had a Munster championship in us but we ended up with two.

Well done Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

At least we won't have to endure a new song from The Corrigan Brothers so it's not all bad.

Can't believe county board are appealing the minor match, embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

phog wrote: »
    Bad day at the office for both teams, Minors probably deserved the win in ordinary time but Galway seemed to have more gas in extra time, the Seniors were asleep for the first half and left too much of a hill to climb for the second half, we needed an early goal and just couldn't manage it. Still proud of both teams, at the beginning of the year I didn't think we had a Munster championship in us but we ended up with two.

Well done Limerick.

As a banner man I was rooting for the LK minors in this and TBH they certainly didn't deserve a win , unfortunate the hawk eye fu$% up , but they got the chance to prove themselves in et which they failed to do so

hope the team stick to gether and we will see ore of them in the future , they are a truly grand bunch of lads

Wilbert13 wrote: »

Can't believe county board are appealing the minor match, embarrassing.

Having read more on the Hawkeye issue read the Hawkeye report I think the County Board are well within their rights to appeal it, this is similar to the Offaly/Clare replay a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

From a Galwayman, I think a replay would be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I'm not sure where I stand to be honest. Obviously I wish things had gone better for both Limerick teams. There definitely was fault on the part of 'Hawkeye' (lolz) but it would be heart-breaking for the Galway boys to have to face us again.

On the other hand, there's a rake of lads from my village on the team and because of that I'd like to see them get another chance.

Opinion is very divided here. Most people are just sorry to see both teams out. It was a great achievement to get so far anyway. :)

phog wrote: »
    Having read more on the Hawkeye issue read the Hawkeye report I think the County Board are well within their rights to appeal it, this is similar to the Offaly/Clare replay a few years back.

Seems a bit sore loser to me. It's not as if it happened in the last minute and the ref did play a bit extra and gave us a soft free to tie the match at the end, don't really think it is that similar to the Offaly Clare replay

Seems a bit sore loser to me. It's not as if it happened in the last minute and the ref did play a bit extra and gave us a soft free to tie the match at the end, don't really think it is that similar to the Offaly Clare replay

Obviously only the loser needs to appeal where they're docked a legit score, the real issue here is both the umpire and the ref delcared a good score and the Hawkeye process over ruled it, in my view that's grounds for an appeal, the timing of the event shouldn't matter.

If we hadn't the technology and the ref/upmpire called it wide then I wouldn't be in favour of an appeal as the ref would normally have the final say except like the situation in the Clare Offaly game where his actions were overturned by the GAA.

Did Clare not offer the replay to Offaly in that instance? And Galway have said that they are not willing to offer replay here. I just think it should be left at that. Obviously we were denied a legitimate point but these things happen in sport, if we had gotten one or two of the 20 wides we would deservedly have won the match

• Advertisement

Did Clare not offer the replay to Offaly in that instance? And Galway have said that they are not willing to offer replay here. I just think it should be left at that. Obviously we were denied a legitimate point but these things happen in sport, if we had gotten one or two of the 20 wides we would deservedly have won the match

Yes, I think Clare did offer the replay and yes I also think Galway have refused the replay but that shouldn't be the end of it, in fact I'd be of the view the opposing team should have no say in the decision.

This case is unchartered water for Hawkeye and the GAA and they need to get it right, I'd be fairly sure if this happened one of the bigger counties, especially Frank Murphy's Cork they'd be a loophole found somewhere to allow a replay.

Advertisement